Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my impatien pic

Posted by eviestevie 8a Central TX (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 05 at 11:54

don't know what kind it is, but the double blooms and varigated leaves are so pretty! it reminds me of a mini rose. anyhow, just wanted to share the pic..

Here is a link that might be useful: pink varigated double bloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my impatien pic

different angle

Here is a link that might be useful: another shot

o

Hi Eviestevie--Your impatiens are just beautiful! I have the same variety, I think it is the same, and I have been trying to find the name of it myself (pic is under the post named 'buds not opening') Could I ask what their rate of growth and spread is? My transplanted ones seem to be growing very slowly although they look quite healthy. Thanks

o

Beautiful!!! Yes, looks like a little rose
I love the variegated leaves!
Thanks for sharing!

o

dazed, they are very slow growing with the foliage, but the blooms are always very prolific. actually, i planted mine in march and i don't think they've spread at all. i have them in a large patio container, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

o

Rebecca Kolls featured these recently on her HGTV show.I loved the foliage.she showed a red one was called stars& stripes I think she said.(web page don't even show the variegated form or mention much about it)she said the flowers are smaller and does not bloom as heavy as the regular ones.She showed growing herbs in those wire hanging baskets.I thought of buying 2 and hooking them together and filling with spanish moss and growing a whole big ball of the variegated ones.I have just the shady spot on my porch for them.
I enjoyed your pics...nice close ups

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here