Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Impatiens ???

Posted by jennscoob Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 13:43

Hello,
This is my first time planting Impatiens in a raised flower bed outside. At first the flowers looked bad - but not dead. Then they started to have some potential. Now, we had a frost & temps have been generally cool for Spring! Some of them must have got frost damage because they really look wilted & dead now. I do see some healthy small green leaves near the base of them. IS THERE A CHANCE that these ones with some green leaves will recover? This bed has a miracle gro potting soil around the plants & it is a mulched bed.
Is there still a chance for them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Impatiens ???

There sure is a chance of survival!

Frost is selective in killing in that it will only kill the part of the plant that was exposed to it. It won't continue to spread over the plant like a disease.

I would cut out the wilted leaves when you can see how much the frost hit the plant. This can be a few days to a week until they bounce back and show signs of life.

The ones that did survive will look great in a few weeks, nobody would know the difference. : )

Keriann~

o

Thank You Keriann!

o

They will look as good!

o
Frost Damage

They will never look as good. I planted 50 baskets and they looked horrible after we had a frost in Fl. I am going to buy some frost cloth this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here