Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's eating the petals?

Posted by Tryin2Grow z9 CA (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 05 at 16:22

Just the petals, leaves are not touched.
The petals don't have holes, like a slug, but being eaten from the outside in.
Earwigs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's eating the petals?

That will be my guess. I have caught them in the act before. There must not be anything around that intrests them more. Most chewing insects dont go for Impatiens.

o

Thank you Mr.I.
The beds are covered in shredded bark, so I guess I've been playing host to their hiding spots.

o

one day I was out in my flowerbed and my impatien flowers were missing, just the flowers. Over in the corner was this little bunny munching away at the flowers and leaving the green leaves alone. I went inside and got my camera, just to prove it, cause when I repeated the story, not to many people believed me. I got two pictures, before and after shots.

hibiscus lover

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here