Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Flowered Impatiens namchabawensis in bloom!

Posted by boca_joe 6b/7a (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 21:01

I managed to locate seeds for these this past winter in the UK and they germinated easily. The color is unreal, just as you see it here- sky blue!

They seem to like open shade, at least here in central Maryland.

I have one planted in a pot with Impatiens Seashell 'Papaya'-should be a great combo!

enjoy

Boca Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: blue flowered impatiens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Flowered Impatiens namchabawensis in bloom!

Nice pics.

Yes, this is the great 'Blue Diamond' Impatiens - Impatiens namchabarwensis.

It is often misspelled as Impatiens namchabawensis.

This new species was discovered in the Namchabarwa canyon in Tibet in the summer of 2003

Flowers are bright ultramarine blue, with small white markings at center and yellow in throat.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Blue Diamond' Impatiens - Impatiens namchabarwensis

o

I love the look of this plant and am interested in the Impatiens species in generall, If anyone knows where I can get Seeds or a plant in the Uk or indeed any Impatiens but especially espnamchabawensis, or puberula, I shall be greatfull

o

Trangran
You are in luck. Ray Morgan is the National Collection holder in England. He lives in Port Talbot in Wales. Email me and I will give you his email. You can find my email by my website mrimpatiens.com

o

Trangran: I have seeds to impatiens balsamina in a coral color, as well as seeds for impatiens glandulifera (wine red policeman's helmet impatiens) if you're interested. I'm quite interested in working out some sort of trade with you; I have a special favor to ask of anyone living in Wales!

Amanda 'romando'

o

• Posted by pam_aa z5 Berwyn Il. (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 14:57

Impatiens namchabarwensis looks so cool, are they easy to grow?

o

yes, they have been very easy for me. However they did stop blooming for a few weeks when the temps were around 100. They are blooming like crazy now.

Boca Joe

o

I too have been taken by the namchabawensis beauty. If anyone can help me to find plants I would be eternally grateful. I seem to have a black thumb for seeds.

o

cmykoi
You might want to try Cistus Nursery and Annies Annuals in the spring. I dont know if they will be in the catalog, you may have to ask. I do know they do have some.

o

• Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 21:27

Yes they do...at Cistus Nursery. I just ordered a few. It's in their mail order list.

Beca

o

• Posted by beca 8b-NV (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 19, 07 at 11:48

Mine are blooming now and how beautiful they are!!!!! If I could figure out an easier way to show a photo of them on here, I would.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here