Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick double impatiens

Posted by Brandy80 missouri (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 8:10

I have two double impatiens that aren't doing well. When I bought them, the leaves were a beautiful dark green and very dense. I planted in a flower bed under a tree in my front yard so they get part shade, part sun. They are now spindly and a yellow green color. The lady at the nursery where I bought them said it sounded like I was over watering them, and to feed them. I've quit watering so much, and gave them some miracle grow, but they still look the same. I'm afraid I'm going to lose them soon. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick double impatiens

Usually yellow leaves mean overwatering or underwatering or lack of fertilizer. If you have been watering often let them dry out completely.

Then again it may be the location you chose. Planting under any tree is not a good idea. A perennial may survive but an annual doesn't have the roots to compete with tree roots for moisture and nutrients

o
RE: Sick double impatiens

Perhaps the dreaded downy mildew. Look for white on the underside of the leaves. If you find it, the plants have to be trashed and the soil cannot be used again for impatiens because the spores can overwinter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Downy Mildew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here