Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda1270

Am I Killing My Impatiens?

LindaMA
15 years ago

I purchased my home last July and by the time I moved in and got settled, it was almost August. I created a small annual bed out in front of the house around the flag pole and at that time, there didn't appear to be much sun at all over that bed, somewhere around 2 - 3 hours of morning and late afternoon sun, tops. So this Spring I went out and purchased a lot of Impatiens to plant in this area due to the low amount of sun I was sure the bed was getting.

Only now, the sun is in a different area of the sky and seems to be shinning on this bed a lot more, will this kill my Impatiens? They look pretty good except for the fuschia ones, which look like they're getting burnt. Is there anything I can do, I don't want to remove them all from the bed, there are too many of them and I have nowhere for them to go.

I'm pretty sure that once the large Northern Catapala tree's leaves are fully grown, it will block out more of the afternoon sun so that there should only be morning sun over this bed as there was at the end of July last year. I'm so frustrated, I can't believe that I didn't take this into consideration. It's going to be pretty frustrating trying to find something that will do well in this bed through the entire summer, where the bed gets more sun at the beginning and less sun at the end.

Will my Impatiens die?

Many thanks!

Linda

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals