Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wimpy New Guinea Impatiens :(

Posted by christy51274 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 16:59

I bought this particular NGI (the orange one on the left) and it was vibrant and robust. Then, one day I moved it to a very sunny spot and then it started wilting and just looked weak. So, of course, I moved it back in a shaded area and gave it a lot of water and within no time, it was lifted up again. However, now, although it's not dying, it still looks wimpy compared to what it looked like before. The flower buds are smaller, producing smaller flowers and the leaves are even smaller. Doesn't appear to be diseased, either.

I'm giving it plenty of water and it's in well-drained soil. Can the sun really do that much damage in just a few hours? It's been this way for over a week ever since that day. I shouldn't complain--it's still alive, but still...

What can I do to "revive" it?

BTW, this is not a before and after photo. Just slightly different shots with the lighting affecting the color results.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wimpy New Guinea Impatiens :(

The plant looks okay to me, but is there a possibility that you're giving it too much water? It's in a pretty big pot for its size.
Also, have you given it any fertiliser?

I grow my NG indoors, but in a very sunny window and it does great.
My guess would be that the fact the plant looks weak was something that was going to happen anyway, regardless of sun.

o
RE: Wimpy New Guinea Impatiens :(

They look like they're doing pretty well actually. Best of luck with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here