Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homersgarden

One color died the other did not

homersgarden
15 years ago

I planted two different colored Impatients about a month and a half ago in the beds around my pool. I have done this for the past two years and they have been very successful. This year we had two major "projects" that affected the Impatients (dug a trench for solar panels, and cut limbs from a tree) and the workmen did a number on many of my plants. We have also had a cooler than normal spring and as a result many of my annuals are behind. Yesterday I went out to water and noticed that almost all of my red Impatients are gone or have died. The light pink ones are still there, but not the red. I planted nearly 48 or each color so this is really odd.

The only thing I can think of is that voles at one kind, but did not like the other (we have a vole problem in this bed, but usually I only lose about three plants out of the 100 I plant). Would they be this picky? I also fertilized with fish fertilzer would that have done them in? Again, though, it is only the one color. I am headed to the local garden center where I purchased them and will see what they have to say, but your opinions or ideas would be great!

THanks

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm