Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help!!

Posted by angie1228 Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 2, 06 at 0:54

I have been growing impatiens for years with no problems. I even manage to keep them alive in full sun. However, I am tired of paying tons of money to garden centers for my flats and want to try growing them from seeds this March. I don't have any special growing equipment such as lights or anything like that. I was planning on buying my seeds from seedlover.com.....they have tons of different kinds of seeds at great prices but I need to know if I am setting myself up for disappointment. I keep my house between 72-74 degrees in the winter and have a large window with Eastern exposure. (my houseplants thrive in that window) I want to plant them in the beginning of March for planting outside the first week of June. Can anyone tell me if this will work? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help!!

I cant help you with the seedstarting. I tried but had no luck. I have had luck with pinching them though. I wanted a flowerbed with lots of double bloomers and at $4 A pot I could have never done it.

I bought pot that was really leggy and got 40 new plants off of it. They will take awhile to establish but well worth the savings in money.

Check out the pinch and poke thread. That is where I learned of it.

Good Luck

Carey

o
RE: help!!

Its hard to tell. It sounds like a good spot. If the seedlings get leggy then its not enough light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here