Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lottiemay_gw

I'd appreciate the help :)

lottiemay
19 years ago

Hello everyone~~

I am new to this forum and to gardening in general and I would really appreciate some advice from anyone who can help me. I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

I bought some "circus mix f6" impatiens seeds and planted them in May into containers on our deck. They sprouted great but have now turned into a "little shop of horrors" looking plant, (nothing at all like the photo on the seed pack).

The plants are about 14 inches high, very uneven, (leggy, I believe the term is), and they've sprouted these teeny tiny flowers, (2mm flower size) that are in large clusters at the top of the leggy arms of the plant. These cluster of tiny flowers continue to grow upward, dividing the flowers into smaller, leggier looking arms.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me if the plants are going to seed, or if that is as large as the flowers are going to get?

If I re-plant them into the ground instead of containers, would they do better and flower properly?

My husband is threatening to get rid of these plants that I've nurtured for two months now because he says "they look like weeds".

Any advice with this type of impatiens would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Comments (2)

Sponsored