Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
teeny balloon like bubbles on branches?

Posted by lovesgardening (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 05 at 8:38

hi.... well, that does sound like a tongue twister but it is NOT!!!!!!!
I've recently planted an impatiens i rooted from a cutting, not sure which variety, and notice that there are tiny, nearly uniformly spaced little clear bubble looking things along the branches. no buds or flowers yet. i have other impatiens which don't have this. if you know what this might be, please tell me and also what to do if something needs doing.
thanks in advance
dory

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: teeny balloon like bubbles on branches?

It is a sugar like fluid tha they put out some times. It doesnt hurt the plant at all, its natural. Many plants do this to release excess water. when the water dries it leaves behind the sugar.

o
RE: teeny balloon like bubbles on branches?

Could be the little bumps that will develop into roots if you stick the stem in soil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here