Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something's eating my impatiens - help please!

Posted by gardenfanatic MO zone5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 15:58

Last year, my impatiens were gorgeous. This year they're a bust. Something is eating the tops of them before the buds even have a chance to open. On some of them, not just the tops are getting eaten, but many of the leaves as well, so there are just bare stems sticking up. Does anyone know what this might be? This is irritating the heck out of me!!

If it's an insect, are there any insecticides that impatiens are sensitive to and should not be used? Thanks-

Deanna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something's eating my impatiens - help please!

Deer usually eat mine the night before a hard freeze. It it is very dry out, they will eat them during the summer, to get the moisture. I keep a pan of water out in my shade garden on an old stump now during dry weather. It seems to help. Some days I can fill it daily, so I know it is getting used!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here