Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are all the impatiens lovers? I need your help!

Posted by czmls 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 18:19

I'm so excited...i found some seed pods on my impatiens...i know they are not ready and did not "explode" when i touched them...when will i know by looking at them if they are ready...will they turn yellow or brown or dry? Please let me know...so excited!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are all the impatiens lovers? I need your help!

Mine stay green and pop when I touch them. Maybe it depends on the variety though...

o
RE: Where are all the impatiens lovers? I need your help!

As the seed pods grow they become somewhat translucent. These are really ripe. You can cup you hand around the pod and squeeze very lightly if it pops you will have a hand full of seeds. This can be a problem though, I have had pods explode seconds after I did this. It is better it use something like a little sock to catch the seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here