Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with New Guinea Impatiens

Posted by jbcamel MA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 20:28

I have a large NG impatien plant. It gets full sun until about noon. I've always had this type of plant in this spot and they have always thrived.

The plant is in a large pot. Up until two days ago it looked great. Lots of flowers, dark green leaves and plenty of buds. Then I noticed that the leaves started to point upward - almost like they were folding in prayer. Many of the flowers have faded, although there are still some and still buds that look OK so far. I put my glasses on and took a close look. I don't see any signs of insects or fungus.

I water it thoroughly every morning, just as I've done for all my plants for the past 10 years with success. This is the first one to show signs of stress.

Clearly this plant is in the early stages of some problem.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with New Guinea Impatiens

I dont think there is a problem. Is you weather cooler at night lately. Many species of Impatiens will fold up or down their leaves depending on the night temp. I believe it is a way the plants protect themselves from cold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here