Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sticky leaves, indoor impatiens plant. Help!

Posted by bkapt55 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 23:41

I left for a week for vacation and when I got back I discovered that my roommate neglected to water my impatiens plant. The stems and leaves were shriveled and I thought it was at the end of its life. I watered it and it managed to revive within two days, but now its leaves are sticky and they have little silver spots. I'm afraid the dehydration has caused some disease.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sticky leaves, indoor impatiens plant. Help!

Sticky leaf is a stress response. In this case drought. It should normally recover. However the white spots sound a bit like fungus. If the plants have been chronically debilitated this will make them more prone to disease, in which case you may not be so lucky. Good luck. Ian.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here