Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4+ foot tall...

Posted by shoelessjoe San Diego (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 04 at 17:13

I have the most amazing impatiens...

I have two shrubs... both are over 4' tall and about 3 feet wide. I have others forning into 4' trees.

They are purplish/pink in color.

I don't know what variety they are... Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4+ foot tall...

If the flowers are like the bedding type than it is Impatiens sodenii var oliveri. These can get to 10 feet in the wild.

o
that's what they are...

I think...

They have almost flourescent pink/purple flowers. I used to have orange ones just like it.

o

Sounds like one that I have as well. I dont know the cultivar name for it. I just call it Giant Walleriana. If mine is the same as yours mine is about 5 feet tall. I have been looking for other color forms of it but have only seen the one.

o

***It Sounds Like Balsam! (Touch Me Nots!) Not Reg. Impatiens!
As My Balsm/Touch Me Nots Grow Too Tall!!!
***I'm Looking For Some Mixed Impatiens Seeds For Next Year!!! (Can You "Help"?) ;-)

o

look at my impatients
I didn't know name and nobody around here has them, I found out today they are impatient glandulifera.

Here is a link that might be useful: mystery no more

o

I noticed this fall at our doctors' office the impatiens were close to 4ft high. They were regular bedding impatiens, single, in mixed colors. They were in full shade and you could see they were well watered and well fertilized. They were leggy, though, and not upright and branched. I'd never seen impatiens that high. In neighboring beds with more light the same type was planted and it was much more normal in height. Still impressive, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here