Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A fungus among us?

Posted by oops_ikilledit 6B (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 07 at 20:14

I am really, really new to gardening so forgive me if this is a duh kind of question.

My poor impatiens, which were doing soooo well when I planted them in the spring now look terrible! The leaves are all in the process of turning yellow, or if they are green they are getting really ugly spots of impending death. They are barely flowering any more. Is this a fungus? It seems to be happening to my well-established ivy along the side of the house as well.

Where do I go from here? If I pull-out the plants and declare them a loss will the same thing happen to the pansies that will go in their placein the fall?

Thanks for help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A fungus among us?

Are they planted in the shade? Are they getting all the water they need?

I ask because lack of these 2 elements (oh, plus overactive squirrels) are the only things I've seen mess up impatiens so far here in NC. Not that I'm one of the experts.

o
RE: A fungus among us?

I had a fungus in my impatien bed....under a tree. I knew it was getting plenty of water, there were mushrooms. I'd only water in the morning, so I'm not sure what happened, but I declared them a total loss and pulled them. I didn't pull from the root, I was being lazy, and I see some of them growing back. Hee hee!

I'm new to all this gardening too. I'm having better luck with my impatiens that I started from seed in another area. They are glorious and beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here