Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimgal_gw

impatiens, dying, dying, dying

kimgal
18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I love impatiens! Been growing them in the same spots for over 12+ years....I have a small bed, 18 inches deep and thirty feet long, along our garage. They get morning sun for about two hours. I water them every couple of days, right from the garden hose. I have three spots in the garden where the impatiens die. I have replaced them three times this summer and the plant withers up and dies. The dead zones are approximately 18 inches round. All of the plants around the dead zones are doing fairly well. Not as great as other years, but OK. (We had a slow start to summer in Winnipeg with tons of rain, the past six weeks has been really hot).

The only other problem in the garden this year is ANTS. I don't know what I have spent more money on....Ant killer or new impatiens.

If any one has ideas of what could be killing/eating my plants.....and perhaps a solution, please let me know. I love my garden and the time spent in it...I have very severe arthritis and it breaks my heart when my hard work dies.

Regards,

Kim

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus