Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
volunteer impatiens

Posted by tstrombotn z5 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 9:29

Last year I planted impatiens in my beds in my north facing front yard. This year I went for dianthus and Marigolds, which were ok, but needed more sunlight than they are getting. But to my amazement, I have more volunteer impatiens than I have dianthus and marigolds combined. I can't remember what kind I planted last year, but I'm thrilled at the freebies! It really looks like I planted lots and lots. Does anyone know what kind these might be, so I can get them again? Or maybe I should just transplant a few to other places where I want them. They are single impatiens, in salmon and coral, primarily. I live in Central Ohio.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: volunteer impatiens

• Posted by Pam_AA z5 Berwyn Il. (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 14:12

Who knows what you got there. I've had some self sow too, but they didn't amount to much. As long as they look good, hey what the heck, you should experiment.

o
RE: volunteer impatiens

my single bloom impatiens always reseed themselves if i dont mulch the bed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here