Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white impatiens I am in love...

Posted by faerieannette z7 MD (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 16:42

I just love impatiens. I am new to gardening and I hear that they do well in the shade. That is perfect for me because I have lots of shade! I am also interested in having some indoors and am going to try to have a bunch inside and propagating them for outside use. I have done alot of reading here about rooting in water, pinching and poking etc.. So I am very excited.

I really like white. I actually would like only to use white in my outside gardens to avoid some ugly combinations.

Most of the plants I did plant this season. (First time gardening in first home with a neglected yard) where freecycle gifs and clearance items. I am pretty worried next year when everything actually flowers if it will be a hideous mixture of color.

I am in general a sucker for white flowers. I just love them! I did splurge and buy 25 white azalea bushes because they where $2.50 at home depot. I got 3 different varieties.

I really just love how white brightens up shady areas as well.

And I just dont like apricot impatient. This might insult people on this forum but I really dont like the mixes where it has apricot, blush pink, rosy pink, vivid red, deep scarlet and white. I am an artiest and am more picky about color than most people so it really bothers me. Mostly when they are planted with other colors. I got a lot of irises from freecycle and was told they are purple. Also orange day lilies put them all together.. barf!

I am going to try winter sowing this year and was told that impatiens do really well. Now to find some seeds

I was wondering if anyone here has any? I dont have anything to trade. I would be more than willing to send an envelope with postage. I would like to offer something but cant think of what.

Thank you for reading my post,

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white impatiens I am in love...

I took 2 cuttings from a white one I had this year and brought them in. They rooted really easy and are about to even bloom!

Tom

o
RE: white impatiens I am in love...

I hear they do root easily. I suppose I can post a wanted on my local freecycle for a cutting or too. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here