Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What impatiens species do you Grow:)

Posted by annette68 Qld Australia (aawright68@optusnet.com) on
Sat, Nov 4, 06 at 18:44

Hi Everybody,

It is a bit quite here lately, so lets here about all the different impatiens you grow.

Here in Australia, I am growing I.Sodenii,I.Morsei (still little), I. Grandis, I.Repens, I.Balfouri, I.Niamniamensis 'African Queen', I.New Guinea and off course the Impatiens walleriana in single and double.I have also got the Balsam.

I have seedlings of I.Cristata,I.Hochstetteri and I.Madagscariensis.

I have seeds off the Blue Diamonds, Capensis, Pallida and Glandulifera, just trying to get these little babies to germinate. I am slowly building up a nice collection. so lets here about what impatiens species you are growing.

Cheers Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What impatiens species do you Grow:)

Yes, it is very quiet. This is the latest message and it's over a month old. If you're still out there, I have I. tinctoriae, I. omeiensis, and I. namchabawensis. The last one named, the blue one from southeastern Tibet, I sure hope is coldhardy here, since we have had a severe freeze.

I dumped a lot of mulch over it. I hope that was enough.

I. omeiensis is just weirdly coldhardy. I. tinctoriae is a tropical species but it produces a huge rootstock below frost level, that is capable of surviving my winters once it is established--which it isn't!! But I have it fairly well protected.

o
RE: What impatiens species do you Grow:)

capensis - invasive but who cares
omeiense - very hardy for me in Z7a
zombensis - little cutie, winters inside with constant bloom
balsamina - old fashoined must

atash, Think a well-established tinctoriae might make it in Zone 7 too?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here