Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrimpatiens

Info site on Impatiens

MrImpatiens
19 years ago

Hello everyone

I just set up my WebSite on Impatiens. This link should work mrimpatiens.com If you search on google it doesnt pop up but if you click on the URL just below you should be able to get it. I have a photo page with about 300 pics and a hybrid page with about 30 pics. Let me know what you all think and things I should add.

Mr Impatiens

Comments (9)

• springcherry
    19 years ago

Beautiful site. It covers so much I feel a bit trepidatious to ask if one other aspect could be covered, but I'll ask nevertheless. If possible, I would love to see under Sources a list of places that carry seeds for some of the less common specimens. It's even hard to find seeds for balsams if all you want is a single color.

Thanks for such a lovely site,
    Springcherry

• Rachel_431
    19 years ago

Great site :)
    You answered some of my questions on growing from seed/cuttings. Very informative. Thanks!

• vetivert8
    19 years ago

Thank you very much for providing your website.

Why is it that if a 'common' Impatiens is overwintered it gives a much better display the following year, no matter how much it's cared for (neglected...) the first year?

• MrImpatiens
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Vetivert
    I dont really know why that would happen for sure. It could be the plant is maturing prehaps. So plants will flower better if they think they are going to die. That way they will porduce more flowers to make more seeds.

• vetivert8
    19 years ago

Or more like bonsai? I've brought them under shelter in a pot for the winter, then planted out over summer. Big increase in access to food. More feeder roots from an established root system. Possibly... Time for me to grow this with a bit more awareness.

Thank you for responding.

• firevicar
    19 years ago

I just spent 20 minutes in your site. Everything downloads quikly and flows well. Content is very informative.

How about a gallery of all the North American species and subspecies? Seems that the forum always has people asking about them.

By the way, my Balfouri germinated during a warm spell and now it's been freezing. None of the I. cristata germinated prematurely. Just a few I. glandulifera are emerging in the past week. This year I hope to grow two more that I have not had before: I. pallida and I. pallida (white form)

When I build a greenhouse I'll go for the tropicals.

Thanks for your work.

Jim Eichner

• MrImpatiens
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Jim
    Your balfourii should be ok unless it got rrreeeaaalll cold. And not all will germinate at the same time. I have a lot of balfourii coming up as well as capensis. I believe my glandulifera has died out because of the heat and maybe cristata but these are easy to replace.

• skatayama
    19 years ago

Hi MrImpatiens,
    It seems you are my kind of guy! I love your info site but have a suggestion. How about a seed source reference?

Sheila

• eclpsprinc
    17 years ago

I very recently have become entranced with impatiens. I've orderd my first impatien, a Namcharwensis from Cistus Nursery.

I throughly enjoyed your site. So informative and super photos!

Melanie

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio