Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Info site on Impatiens

Posted by MrImpatiens Zone 9 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 9, 04 at 23:39

Hello everyone
I just set up my WebSite on Impatiens. This link should work mrimpatiens.com If you search on google it doesnt pop up but if you click on the URL just below you should be able to get it. I have a photo page with about 300 pics and a hybrid page with about 30 pics. Let me know what you all think and things I should add.
Mr Impatiens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Info site on Impatiens

Beautiful site. It covers so much I feel a bit trepidatious to ask if one other aspect could be covered, but I'll ask nevertheless. If possible, I would love to see under Sources a list of places that carry seeds for some of the less common specimens. It's even hard to find seeds for balsams if all you want is a single color.

Thanks for such a lovely site,
Springcherry

o

Great site :)
You answered some of my questions on growing from seed/cuttings. Very informative. Thanks!

o

Thank you very much for providing your website.

Why is it that if a 'common' Impatiens is overwintered it gives a much better display the following year, no matter how much it's cared for (neglected...) the first year?

o

Vetivert
I dont really know why that would happen for sure. It could be the plant is maturing prehaps. So plants will flower better if they think they are going to die. That way they will porduce more flowers to make more seeds.

o

Or more like bonsai? I've brought them under shelter in a pot for the winter, then planted out over summer. Big increase in access to food. More feeder roots from an established root system. Possibly... Time for me to grow this with a bit more awareness.

Thank you for responding.

o

I just spent 20 minutes in your site. Everything downloads quikly and flows well. Content is very informative.

How about a gallery of all the North American species and subspecies? Seems that the forum always has people asking about them.

By the way, my Balfouri germinated during a warm spell and now it's been freezing. None of the I. cristata germinated prematurely. Just a few I. glandulifera are emerging in the past week. This year I hope to grow two more that I have not had before: I. pallida and I. pallida (white form)

When I build a greenhouse I'll go for the tropicals.

Thanks for your work.

Jim Eichner

o

Jim
Your balfourii should be ok unless it got rrreeeaaalll cold. And not all will germinate at the same time. I have a lot of balfourii coming up as well as capensis. I believe my glandulifera has died out because of the heat and maybe cristata but these are easy to replace.

o

Hi MrImpatiens,
It seems you are my kind of guy! I love your info site but have a suggestion. How about a seed source reference?

Sheila

o

I very recently have become entranced with impatiens. I've orderd my first impatien, a Namcharwensis from Cistus Nursery.

I throughly enjoyed your site. So informative and super photos!

Melanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here