Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: 2009 Spring Swap

Posted by maude_ia z5-SE Iowa (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 18:27

Save Saturday, June 6, 2009 for the Spring Swap. Meantime, start potting up those divisions and volunteers as you work in your garden.

When you have some idea of what you have to trade, post below. If you know what you're looking for, post here, too. There are no rules - each trade is between the participants, so make yourselves happy! You may bring as much or as little as you wish, and may take home more or less than you brought.

The swap will be held in Washington Iowa from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM, or whenever. Directions provided to those who email me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: 2009 Spring Swap

Have:

* Kona coffee seedlings (a whole plantation's worth!)

Probably will have:

* Vine peach
* Cinnamon basil
* Purple shiso (limited quantities)

Might have:

* Tons of other stuff!

Can dig:

* A lovely pale-green reseeding lettuce
* Mint (but who can't! :) )

Anyone who wants any of these, drop me a line at meQme@dauQghtersoftiQresias.orQg (remove Qs to despammify). Might not be a bad idea to remind me shortly before the event so I don't forget, since it's a ways off. June seems kinda late to me.

o

I have several confirmations from local gardening friends that they will attend, but none of them are Garden Web members. I guess they're shy. I expect we'll see assorted perennials like iris, daylilies, and hosta from them, as well as some surprises.

For myself, I have some jack in the pulpit starts, a few perennial geraniums, and bell flowers in blue and white. I also have lunaria (that's money plant, and who can't use a little extra money?) There will probably be some young tomatoes and eggplant, too. I'm sure there will be other things on the list later as I work through the beds.

o

Looks like I'm going to be too busy this weekend :( Sorry!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Iowa are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here