Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowgardenangel

WANTED: fall swap aug.19 -06 tipton .ia

iowgardenangel
17 years ago

well it early but wanted to get opinons on date.I know i have 2 people comin. cricket needs to ask ahead to come, jay thought 3rd weekend sounded ok, Stan can you come then , we missed you at Morse. and of course anyone else is welcome.maybe Koszta could come this time??? and i can fall sep. some peonies for Leslie. let me know what you all think. Dessa

Comments (13)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

We'll be there.
    Really enjoyed seeing you again Dessa. Always a pleasure :-)
    Let me know of some extra goodies I can bring to you for such wonderful plants yesterday!

Tina

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well ive already strted my stuff for swap , i have a Vib. bush, and several yellow flag grasses, diff. varieties of clematis. a pee wee hydrangea. and diff hollyhocks. ineed diff. kinds of pots for my stuff ill bring in. for sure. Dessa

• elphinstone
    17 years ago

Good Day,
    I am planning to come to the fall swap, can someone send directions? Also I need some ideas of what kind of plants usually get swapped. ALL of the plants I got at the Morse swap are thriving, you are all great gardeners!! Thanks again for the good time,.
    Looking foreward to the fall swap!!
    Jo

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

depends onwhere your comin from, from iowa city you go on I-80 to West Liberty exit,then tk that exit and then left youll go over the interstate and keep goin straight for a while till you get to a T at end [Cant go straight anymore) you go right and over the bridge keep gointoward tipton, ill have signs up leading the way. i know 2 new people are comin so far too . DESSA

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well the weather has cooled off now and im out looking at my stuff my bushes still look good inpots kept in semi shade and watered alot. i have a banna tree small strt, to add fro trade. Dessa

• iris321
    17 years ago

Now it is hotter than Hades again! Oh
    well,we can sit in the shade & visit.
    Anyone looking for anything special?
    I will bring some daylilies. I
    can pot up 2-3 kinds of salvia.
    Doris

• Maude_IA
    17 years ago

I'll be there.

Doris, the salvia sounds like a winner to me. I have the some of those blackberry lily seeds that Elphi's looking for, too. I can also bring some other self-sowing flowers. Who knows what else will turn up?

I might have a new gardener with me - two people have expressed curiousity and thought they might want to come.

Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out this lavender farm in Oregon

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

oh new people that would be wonderful , i know of 2 new ones saying they want to come too. Im adding butterfly bushes, a extra varg, willow besides ones saved for doris and jay.and i have jays red peony.his wife wanted.also have 2 big size red mallow( hardy hibiscus) a white rose of sharon. a yellow twig dog wood maybe some red.too. some cannas, have lots to trade. Dessa

• oldpeony
    17 years ago

Hi everyone: It doesn't look like I'm going to be coming to the fall swap. Don't have much to trade. We have been especially dry and things don't look good either. Have been busy at my daughter's for 1 1/2 weeks and then am keeping my granddaughter this week while she goes to our bible school. Maybe I'll just feel like a drive by 8/19. If I don't make it all all, I will plan on making it in the spring. Ruth

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well old peony , i hope you change your mind. heres my list, i have clematis, viburnum. butterfly bushes, hydrangea, rose mallow[ big hardy hibiscus], rose of sharons,cannas, pond plants[ if you plant and dig in spring you can save for nest yr]peonies,etc. im looking for, mums, grasses,bhouses n feeders[even old unused] and always pots.oh and red sedum. anyone needing spec. directions, email me. Dessa

• oldpeony
    17 years ago

Wish I could come, Dessa, but it's definitely a work day in Davenport at the house my daughter just purchased! See everyone next year! Ruth

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ok well, jay and his wife are coming,maude, and maybe somone else, i have a friend interested, maybe my nieghbor too, wayne and doris, and maybe a lady or two from tipton, wow, anyone else want to come? cant wait , ill put signs out and if you need directions email me. also if it should rain i have a huge building with lights and electric, so we are still ok.elip's you comin? Dessa

• twin_too
    17 years ago

Wish I could come, we're going to fit in a road trip before the boys go back to school. Have fun!

-Pam

Sponsored