Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowgardenangel

WANTED: Fall swap- august 18th?

iowgardenangel
16 years ago

well all oldies and any newbies how about august 18th a sat at 11am, same place tipton, Iowa?

Comments (25)

• Maude_IA
    16 years ago

Dessa,

IF Â ??

It's kind of early, but I will come if I can.

Mary

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

im asking when everyone thinks it would work best any sugestions last sat of august??

• elphinstone
    16 years ago

Hello,
    I missed the swap last fall and this spring, but I was at the swap last spring. Would love to attend the swap this fall. Any day works for me. Last spring someone, and I am ashamed to say I can not remember who it was, gave me an ornamental ginger which grew beautifully. Unfortunately I let someone else overwinter it for me, and it died. I should have been more careful, but was ill and couldn't care for the plant myself. Any way, if you know who had the ginger, I would love to get another one, I promise to keep it myself and take care of it!!!
    Thanks,
    Jo

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

I have never done a swap before (new to garden web) but I would love to join in.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi the swap works like this,you list wants and what you have to trade then you arrange swaps with everyone elsethats one way and you can just bring stuff to trade theres always extra, we trade for plants, garden magazines and books etc.its really alot of fun..i have tropical ginger and wild ginger?? Dessa

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

That sounds great, I may bring my Fiance's Mom, she lives down by brighton.

What size are the starts people normally bring?

I have:
    Daylillies (big ones)
    Salvia
    Coneflowers
    Rudbeckia
    Korean Lilacs (hopefully)
    Weigela - dwarf variegated (hopefully)

I will probably have more, not sure right now...

I would love to have some mock orange, but I have a blank slate to fill, so I can take pretty much anything...

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok here is what i have so far, Hops vine, honeysuckle vines, hollyhocks, new spiderwort its chartruse green leaved with purple flower,lilac strts.peonie strts,hardy hibiscus.ill have more just need to go thru some stuff. Dessa

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

WOW, quiet in here huh?

ok, i also have some terra cotta yarrow, and maybe some salvia plumosa

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

Oh, I think I will be bringing my Fiance's Mom with me too

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi ok ive got some grasses , some butterfly bushes, some hardy hibiscus,lilac strts, hops vine, some rose of sharon strts. hollyhocks,some tropical ginger like elip. wants.salvia diff kinds.a banna plant strt, and some other tropicals will winter inside nicely.spiderwort 2 kinds,pond yellow iris. asst peonies herbs and MORE....

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

Dessa,

I can bring you one or two Salvia Plumosa. and probably an east friesland or two.
    What kind of grasses? I like grasses! Grasses are pretty! ;D)

Mel

• oldpeony
    16 years ago

I'm not sure if I can come, but I'll try. I have lots of malva (light and dark lavendar) and white datura--don't know whether they will transplant now or not, I think they come up from seed, not root. I will collect seed. I have a few yellow coreopsis.
    Pam--did the roses make it from this spring's swap?
    Ruth

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

old peony oh we hope you can come, didnt you have some friends at spring swap bring them tooo. im gonna have snacks and refreshments.plenty of relaxed seating.and LOTTTS to trade....doris and wayne are comin and we think 2 from tipton you havent met and now mel and another too and maude is gonna try, oh well have so much fun. MEL i have salvia i ment LOL, ELIP. wants tropical ginger , i have it. BUT id love some coneflower and i have some diff varigated grasses. ill save you some....and doris i have your hollyhock strts. old peony id love some yellow corop. how about some HARDY hibiscus??? I took pic this yr of one of mine bloomin awsome...

• Maude_IA
    16 years ago

I heard my name mentioned. Sad to say that I won't be there this time. My husband signed us up for another event the same day, so that's where we'll be. There's always next spring, though.

Mary

• iris321
    16 years ago

Wayne & I will be there. I will bring some daylilies & iris. Will have other odds & ends too.
    The only things I can think of that I'd like are some SINGLE peonies & oriental or orinapet SP? lilies.I have lots of Asiatics.Maybe I'll think of some wants later.LOL
    Doris AKA Iris

• oldpeony
    16 years ago

Dessa: I'll bring some coreopsis. I have pink hibiscus, but sure would like a red or white.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

old peony, i have red or white, i have lite pink too, but am looking for drk pink., im looking forward to seeing you.hey doris what color peonies you lookin for???Mel ill save you some grasses. next sat11th ill have all i have to trade posted.

• stan_ia_z4
    16 years ago

Too early for me. Stan

• iris321
    16 years ago

Dessa,I don't care about the color,just any single peony would be fine.
    Hope it isn't hot like this.Doris

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sorry stan, figured end of aug be to close to labor day/ doris we will come in if its hot , i have alotof nice shady places too.i got lotssss to trade now i may add toad lilies hardy and yellow mandavilla[ winters nice indoors\

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

hey, looks like i will also have some wide brim plantainlilly and whirlwind hostas. hmm, what else do i have.....

• iris321
    16 years ago

Hey,you know what? The more I think about this swap,the more I think it is quite a bit too early.I know Dessa asked for suggestions for other dates. I think I told her I thought it is too early.,off forum.
    People do remodeling of old beds & make new ones in the fall.This isn't fall! My beds are full of blooms & I'm not disturbing anything now. The last thing I need is plants setting out there under the tree needing once or twice daily watering.Guess the heat has got to me.I heard the forcast today & it is not going to cool off.I don't like to throw water on the plans.If you guys are happy with the pre swaps made,go for it
    I have over 50 new daylilies coming
    fom Etrades & orders & will have my hands full.Just my 2cents.
    I can post here again wo my computer,otherwise I would have been on more. Doris

• oldpeony
    16 years ago

I've been putting off deciding whether to come on the 18th or not. I've been busy every weekend for several and I think I better take a rest. I would have a few things to bring if you decide to postpone until mid to late-September. My oxygen needs are really heavy in this heat.
    I'll keep watch to see what's going on. Dessa, hope you didn't dig any habiscus for me yet. Ruth

• rnbwgrl
    16 years ago

Just thought I would post the weather for the next week in tipton per the weather channel

monday - 88
    tuesday - 90
    wednesday - 80
    thursday - 84
    friday - 74
    saturday -72
    sunday -78

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

fall swap has been cancelled for 18th

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!