iowgardenangel

fall swap???

iowgardenangel
18 years ago

any one interested in a fall swap , id host it , i live by Tipton. Dessa

Comments (22)

• uicricket
    18 years ago

I live in Springdale and I'd be interested if it was on a Sunday. I work at the animal shelter in Tipton every Saturday so I always miss the fun events.

I know, Sunday is family day for most people. Still, a swap is a great idea!

Cricket

• iris321
    18 years ago

Dessa,if you have a fall swap, I
    would come. There's lots of stuff that needs to leave this place!! You
    know since I'm constantly bringing in new plants,ha ha.There's a limit
    & I have a good gardener,too.
    Been wanting to meet Cricket,since I've admired the way she has brought her garden along. Doris

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK THATS 3 OF US AND ANY ONE ELSE CAN JUMP IN AN COME, SO THE LAST SUN OF AUG BEFORE LABOR DAY or THE SUN AFTER LABOR DAY??? SUN IS FINE WITH ME. WE CAN DO EARLY ENOUGH, SO PEOPLE CAN GET HOME AN REST. GOD LOVES FLOWERS HE WILL UNDERSTAND.AND WHAT ABETTER WAY TO SPEND SUN, GIVING FLOWERS TO NEW AN OLD FRIENDS. DESSA

• uicricket
    18 years ago

I marked my calender on both days and either is fine with me too. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cricket (aka Renee)

• Maude_IA
    18 years ago

Depends (and that's not just because I'm getting older!)
    Time of day and future plans are also involved.

I'd prefer early afternoon if it's on a Sunday. There would still be time to plant before dark.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK WE CAN DO AFTERNOONS, IM FLEX. AND I EMAILED LESLIE, SHES INTERESTED, YOU ALL JUST TELL ME WHAT SUNDAYS SOUND GOOD AND WELL PICK ONE ALL OR MOST CAN COME, I CAN DO ANY IN FALL. IM SO EXCITED TO SEE MY GARDEN FRIENDS A SECOND TIME AND A NEW ONE HOW FUN... DESSA

• whitewater176z5a
    18 years ago

Would love to join in the fun also, we arent too far north of tipton, have family in stanwood as a matter of fact. The last sunday in august would be best for us if we are taking a vote.

• iris321
    18 years ago

Any date & time is fine with me,but
    starting in the PM might pose a problem with our friends coming quite a distance.Just a thought.Doris

• diannp
    18 years ago

I just might even make it to one of these.. I ought to have my gardens all weeded by the end of August, maybe. :)

I'll keep it in mind!

Diann
    IA Z5a
    Lisbon

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

WOW GREAT RESPONSE, WELL I DONT THINK THEYLL COME FROM MISSOURI, dORIS DO YOU? AND IM THINKING EARLY AFTERNOON LIKE 1, SO MAUDE CAN COME TOO, AND SOUNDS LIKE THIS FALL WILL BRING US SOME NEW PEOPLE TOO, SOME WHO COULDNT SOME ON SATS AT OUR SPRING ONE AND WE love NEW PEOPLE!!! AN OLD ONES TOOO...IM CHECKIN EVERYONES OPINON , SO I CAN TRY TO MAKE IT SO MOST ALL CAN COME. I WILLHVAE SO MUCH TO TRADE AN GIVE AS I WILL BE RELOCATING, AFTER THIS SWAP AND WILL HAVE TO RELOCATE MY FLOWER BEDS.

• Maude_IA
    18 years ago

I'll second the motion for the last Sunday in August - the 28th.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok hows everyone for the 28th????? you tell me. Dessa

• koszta_kid
    18 years ago

I should be able to make it. Don't need very much have lots to bring. Got plant popping every place remember me.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

oh this will be fun, im so excited, good time to dig peonies too in fall. Dessa

• twin_too
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

I don't see anything on the calendar, I think I can make it too. I'm glad there will be another, since I missed the one in spring.

-Pam

• diannp
    18 years ago

Sounds good, I'd try, tho I'm not promissing anything! I've been sick the last two weekends and have company coming for 2 weeks in August, so we'll see!

Diann

• Maude_IA
    18 years ago

All right then -- time to take inventory.

Should we start a post on the Exchanges page?

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

well diann sure hope ya can come wed loveit, itd be nice break and im servin coffee lemanaide and bkd cookies, does it tempt ya LOL and yes maude that sounds good, lets do inventory and pray for rain!!! Dessa

• Jay_In_Missouri
    18 years ago

Dessa.......dont' count Missouri out!!!! Doris.....get your list ready, I'm working on mine....Jay

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hey, Jay oh my this is awsome please do come, id be so happy, see ya all onexchange pg.!!! jay can ya bring any rain!!!!!! DESSA

• Jay_In_Missouri
    18 years ago

We are needing rain BADLY here too.....I won't be able to get on the exchange page because I'm not an Iowa resident, but I'll be watching and emailing people who post. Jay

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Hi Jay!!!
    The daylilies are blooming beautifully, and Paul's Glory shoot up a new leaf every week I think!

How have you been? We finally got some rain here this week, but the humidity is back.
    Look forward to seeing you again.

Take care,
    Tina

Sponsored