Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowgardenangel

wanted: fall swap tipton, iowa

iowgardenangel
18 years ago

ok lets do inventory what do ya need and what do you want to swap, and dont worry some of us always have more to go than want so dont let that scare any one. more the merrier i say. email for any info rockcreekrun@aol.com , Dessa

Comments (24)

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ill strt. lets see i know peonies, dogwood, woodruf, got yours for sure doris,plenty,honeysucle , both yellow and pink kind, and ill go look at more oh hops vine, covers quickly if you have an arch or somthin, and seeds too yellow, red, pink holly hocks, hibiscus seeds, pink, white and red. therell be more, Dessa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Hi Dessa!

I can bring yarrow summer pastel, triple bloom kwanzo day lilies, broken color iris purple yellow and white bearded,possibly a few different types of sedum, cuttings of variegated porcelain berry vine, a bromeliad, delphinium blue butterflies, lady bells, white lilac, purple lilac...I'm sure there will be more.

Just in case.... I'm on the hunt for white/green variegated iris, mini iris (would love yellow) burgundy bloom iris, pink bloom iris, peach bloom iris, handkercheif bloom iris.
    I would love some honeysuckle and the red dogwood tree! Also looking for double fernleaf peony (the one I got from the previous swap is really struggling), and wild flowers cone flowers, black eyed susans, etc.
    If anyone happens to have a philo pink princess house plant, I would love some cuttings from that as well. :-)

I look forward to another great swap!
    Thanks Dessa!!!!

Blessings, Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Oh, I am also in search of some variegated garden phlox, and hardy lavender. Id anyone has any flower pots for houseplants, I could use those as well.

Ok! Look forward to seeing everyone again...this is so fun!
    I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I am so excited about the plant swap. :-)

Blessings, Tina

• Maude_IA
    18 years ago

I will bring larkspur seeds from this year's blooming.
    I also have an abundance of pots - what sizes are you looking for? plain or fancy? plastic or clay?

I also have:
    Â large flowered white shasta daisy (Alaska? but I got it so long ago that I'm not sure.) for sun
    Â unnamed purple phlox
    Â some Star Gazer lily bulbs
    Â achillea 'the pearl' = tall leaning type of plant with lots of little white blossoms in July
    Â lavender/purple bergamot

Â hosta 'Guacamole'
    Â unnamed hosta, varigated - it's in deep shade and about 3' across and 2.5 ' high, lavender flowers in June & July
    Â hosta 'Plantaginea' (sp?) - a large green one with big, sweet scented blossoms in August

Looking for white bearded iris and surprises, mostly for shade or part shade.
    I could also use a really huge plastic pot - the size that trees come in - for the greenhouse this winter.

I will probably think of some other things later.

Mary

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok maude i got your BiiG black tree pot, also i have red bee balm,see if i can pot up some of that. pink phlox, i have v white green leaved iris. will do more checkin. del blue butterflies sounds good, oh i also have the hardy z5 passion vine comes up late june evry yr planted by my house had 3 yrs, now have runners popin up ill pot some. Dessa

• whitewater176z5a
    18 years ago

we have cork screw willows, some unnamed white and green hosta, could probably dig some purple cone flower(have lots) or seeds if preferred, datura seeds from last year, have been refrigerated so should still be good, lots of hardy hibiscus seeds, lots of iris, not sure of colors. will keep looking but thats all we can think of for now.
    may be able to do hosta trades too if anyone is interested.

• koszta_kid
    18 years ago

Will bring columbine red, Hardy geranium, creeping tyme, iris, blue toad lily,helliopsis,sneezeweed, hollyhocks,blackeye susans,And goats beard.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OH BLUE TOAD LILY SOUNDS NICE, WHAT COLOR H HOCKS, I HAVE RED YELLOW PINKE AND ZEBERINA HERE. I WANT MY GARDENS ALL NICE BUT AFRAID SOME WILL BE SHOWIN SIGNS OF OUR MISSIN RAIN, AT LEAT THEY ARE alive..... OH AND WHITEWATER, CORN FLOWER AND CORKSCREW WILLOW SOUNDS GOOD TOO.

• whitewater176z5a
    18 years ago

also have hardy water lilies pink white and yellow but not sure what pot is what

• koszta_kid
    18 years ago

Guess will have to look and see what all colors i have. my watering bill will be high. Got 1/2 inch yesterday-but was able to dig spuds in the afternoon. Putting more and more mulch and use soakker hoses. Think might hook old sand point and water for free. Also red-stello daylily I'm bringing

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Ok, WOW!
    I would absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the variegated iris!!!!
    Would also love to trade for some of the blue toad lilies, Black Eyed Susans, creeping thyme, cone flowers, the hardy passion vine, star gazer lilies, yellow honeysuckle, and a dogwood. As far as the flower pots go, plastic or clay is fine, also plain or fancy is fine as well. I am not too picky, smiles!

You all are always so very generous! I hope I bring plants and seeds that you will be able to enjoy as well.

Be back soon,
    Tina

I will be sure to set the blue butterfly delphinium off to the side for you Dessa

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hi we have RAIN!!!!!! some all day YES, ok im looking for herbs have mints and dill, lost others, making herb circle with sundial in middle. also would like your corksrcrew willow and corn flower, whitewater.and id love shasta daisys maude, and kosta sneezeweed and blk eye susans what do i have ?? dont see ask??? Dessa

• uicricket
    18 years ago

I've never been to a swap. Do we just pot up what we have to share and bring it? My neighbor and gardening pal may be interested in coming too.

I don't have a lot to share yet but have a few things. Purple coneflower, balloonflower, lily of the valley, yellow stella-d-oro daylilies, asiatic lilies in a variety of colors, seeds for yellow centurian (I hope), and globethistle and white malva seeds. May have some pink and red poppy seeds and yellow columbine seeds - if I run out to the garden and collect them now.

I have native daylilies if anyone would like some. I won't dig them unless somebody wants them. I planted them along the fence line they keep the weeds down. I like them, they remind me of when I visited grandma's farm.

See you soon!

Cricket

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

CRICKET, YOU JUST BRING WHAT YOU GOT, WE ALL LOVE TO SHARE, AND FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE 3 PEONIES ALIKE, IVE NOW GOTTEN MANY OTHER VARIETYS SO 2 GOTTA GO, SO LOTSA STRTS, I DONT CARE WHAT I GET FOR THOSE, AND MANY ARE SAME HERE WE LOVE NEW PEOPLE, WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU BRING, WE ALSO TRADE OF GARDENING ITEMS , POTS BOOKS ETC,JUST LIKE I HAVE A BIG POT A TREE CAME IN FOR MAUDE. ONE TIME I RADED FOR THE NEATET GARDEN ANGELS LIGHT FLICKERS ON TEM AND ANGELS APPEAR IN YOUR GARDEN. AWSOME, YOULL LOVE IT WE ARE JUST GOOD DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO VISIT AND SHARE, DESSA

• garasaki
    18 years ago

Whats the date of the swap?

I'll try to make it, with a few different seeds and hopefully some rooted cuttings of diabolo ninebark and Eutin rose.

• LeslieL
    18 years ago

I'll be there! Couldn't miss a swap so close to home! I don't know what I will be bringing. I'll have to go out and do some inventory!!
    Leslie

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

the 28th of august , on a sunday. 1pm. email me for directions.anyone wants to come earlier, and just realax and enjoy, your welcome to. I have places to sit all over and i made a gazebo out of a old open corn crib. and if by some strange 1 in 1000 it rains we have big enclosed horse arena. so we are covered. Leslie so glad your comin.youll have to excuse my gardens , its i like it i plant it, no reason or rhyme LOL.but it works, and love to watch birds.newcomers dont worry what plants you have and we always need something and wetrade for garden books, mag, chimes, and other garden items too, its a real fun time and you learn so much.itll be great. Dessa

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

i also got ahold of the black and and a dble magnenta color hollyhock seeds from step sons, lots to share!!!!

• koszta_kid
    18 years ago

Also bring white bee, purple bee balm. Peach,purple and yellow iris. Will take another look for anything else-in my Jungle.

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok i have sssSTRANGE request, i would like every one who comes to bring 1 rock, big enough to hold in hand [ not one to break your back, ill explain .its going to be a fun day , and you get to add apart of you to a japense type friendship garden.gee i dont think ive seen white bee balm , did you know there is orange i heard??i have some red white and purple would be nice make it real colorful...

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Here is an updated list of the plants I am bringing.

Pink Swirling butterflies delphinium 2 plants
    Blue Butterfly delphinium (saved for Dessa)
    white lilac approximately 2 feet tall 2 plants
    Rose maidenhair fern 1 small plant
    Canna Crimson Beauty
    Purple Ladybells
    tall garden phlox 3 or 4 single plants
    double and triple kwanzo daylilies
    a couple of Iris "Starship Enterprise"
    Red stemmed rhubarb a couple of plants
    Catmint Tall one ot two plants
    glad bulbs - named
    Coquette Hosta one plant
    Choo Choo Train Hosta one plant

I am still going through my gardens thinning them out, and re-doing a couple of them. So, I'm sure there will be more by the end of Augest.

We are suppose to get some rain tonight, and only have a high of 82 tomorrow, woo hoo!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!
    Looking forward to the swap Dessa. Thank you so much for hosting it!!!
    Blessings, Tina

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hi if you need directions my cell is 212 3841 my comp. is down ill chk my sons comp. ev other day. i have some butterfly bush and grasses also to trade . and hardy hibiscus Dessa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Would you happen to have a white or yellow butterfly bush you are willing to trade?
    We are getting closer!!!!!!
    Yeah!!!!
    Blessings, Tina

• iowgardenangel
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok my comp is up so anyone can get directions , Its getting closer, hope you all can come , heck bring a friend!!!! we got 4" rain Im in heaven!! Dessa

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH