Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesliel_gw

WANTED: Fall Swap

LeslieL
20 years ago

Can't wait to see you all again! September 6th, starting around 10:30 or 11 am, at the Morse store. Let me know if you're coming, and we can post here about what we are bringing.

Give a little time to respond to your posts too as my computer went down at home, and I won't have one for a couple more days!!!! (you never really realize how much you depend on them until they aren't there!)

Leslie

Comments (10)

• stan_ia_z4
    20 years ago

Leslie, thank you for hosting the swap again. I really enjoy coming to your place. We will post our plants soon. Stan

• Maude_IA
    20 years ago

Nuts! (and not because I'm swapping them.) John and I can't be there, and we were looking forward to another chance to trade and chat. Maybe in the spring.

Mary

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    20 years ago

OK! I'm back online with a vengance! I am going to put in a few new beds this weekend so I have somewhere to plant all the goodies I'm gonna trade for! My garden at my old house needs to come out as I am not there to weed it or shoo the deer out of it, so I should have an enormous amount of plants to swap this time. So I'll start to compile a list of plants over the next week or two, and look forward to hearing what all of you will be bringing!!!
    Leslie

• diannp
    20 years ago

Ratz, September 6 is the same day as the Eastern Iowa Garden and Landscape show at Brucemore.... oh well..

Diann
    IA Z5a

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Diann,
    There might be time for both! We start swapping usually around 10:30 or 11:00 and finish up about and hour to an hour and a half later. Keep us in mind anyway, we always like to meet new folks!
    Leslie

• ottumwa
    20 years ago

what town and where is the Morse store? just curious. i'm pretty chicken about this.

• Pam_K
    20 years ago

Hi ottumwa,

Morse is just north of Iowa City on Hwy 1. You head East when you see the sign for Morse and it's a couple of miles down on the left. You can't miss it. Leslie or I can send you better directions if you like.

There is absolutely nothing to be chicken about, although I know I was nervous before my first swap. Everyone is very nice and very helpful. We can answer any questions you may have! Feel free to join us even if you just want to see how things work!!

-Pam

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Okay I think the head count is up to nine folks now. Any other takers out there? We'd love to meet you!

• the_troll
    20 years ago

leslie
    sorry we can not make it this time please keep us on your list. tell every one hi.
    russ and rose

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm afraid we are going to have to call off the swap this time around as everyone seems to be too busy. I'll miss everyone, but plan on seeing you all next year. Happy wintering, and I'm sure we'll all be chatting online in the Iowa forum after we're done tucking our bulbs in and mulching our beds for winter!
    Leslie

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?