Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have the Volcano Phlox?

Posted by sanfan z4 Ia (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 05 at 2:57

I'm getting real anixious to start my plant ordering. I have ordered seed from a few. My big want for 2005 is the Volcano Phlox. Our local paper did an article on it last year and I new I had to have it. Has anyone added this phlox to their collection? I'd sure like to know if it's everything they say it is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have the Volcano Phlox?

Sanfan, Nope, but is sounds real interesting. Here is some more information on it from the breeder...

Diann
IA Z5a

Here is a link that might be useful: Volcano Pholx

o

Tickertoo, I too would love to have some Volcano Phlox but had never heard of it when I sent my seed orders. I wonder if you can buy it at Lowes, etc. The pictures and description look wonderful.
Jeannie

o

Jeannie, beats me if you can get it at Lowes... But I would think a good nursery would probably have it..

Diann
IA Z5a

o

Monrovia is the company that wholesales them. Here in Waterloo I'll be able to get them at Earl Mays and Jordan's greenhouse. In Sumner there is a place called Maifeld Landscaping, they carry them too.
I haven't found any catalogs that carry them. Their patent is still pending. Here's the Monrovia web address. You can find a dealer in your area.

http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf/0/87d40dc7d701bfcf88256de40054dbf0?OpenDocument

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here