Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gardeningbythemoon

Posted by JeannieZ5 z5IA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 05 at 7:09

According to the above website, tomorrow and Thursday are the days to start cool season annuals in flats. Last year I followed the moon signs sometimes when planting, even small seeds in the house, and the ones came up faster and grew faster when I followed the moon signs. So this year I'm going to watch the moon signs closer. It also says the 13th, 14th, 15th and 18th and 19th are good days. Unfortunately, I planted some Sunday, so will have to check their growth with the ones I plant tomorrow.
Has anyone else had better luck following the moon signs?
Jeannie.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gardeningbythemoon

I've never paid much attention to moon signs, but my sister swears by it. I usely have to plant when I have free time. I do have tomorrow free. Think I'll give it a try.

o
RE: gardeningbythemoon

I pay attention sometimes, and it does seem to matter, but often the weather or my free time have more to do with when I plant than anything else.

If you want to try it, this link has a calendar showing the best days to plant, prune, harvest, transplant, etc.

You can purchase the calendar, or just use the online one. The only problem there is that you can't look ahead to next week toward the end of each month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening By The Moon with calendar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here