Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardens & Greenhouses to see in Eastern IA/Western IL

Posted by Turkey_Creek Z5 East IA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 05 at 16:15

In previous years my Mom,my Aunt and my Sister-in-Law have gone to flower shows in Philedelphia, Chicago and Cincinnati. This year we would like to stay closer to home and travel to various gardens, greenhouses or arboretums in eastern Iowa or western Illinois. We are planning on going during the second half of June. Can anyone give me some ideas? If you know of any garden tours that occur around that time I'd love to know about those as well!

PS We love to eat too so any great places for food near gardens would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardens & Greenhouses to see in Eastern IA/Western IL

Welcome to the Iowa Forum. Many of the answers you seek have already been discussed on this forum and are available through the "search" function found at the top of the title page. Of course, I also encourage additional postings as well. However, if you want immediate results, "search" is the way to go.

Notice of regional and local events is one of this forum's best assets. Every year we make a point of posting local garden walks and other special events. I think you will find plenty of things to do and see.

IronBelly

o

IB (or anyone else),

Do you know when Noelridge Park's Greenhouse (in CR) has their open house/sale event?

o

Are you sure you don't mean the plant sale at Brucemore?

Brucemore Plant Sale
Saturday, May 14
9:00 a.m. - Noon

IronBelly

o

I seem to remember something about Noleridge having a greenhouse sale, too. I just can't remember when... Here is their contact information.

Noelridge Park & Greenhouse
4900 Council Street NE
Cedar Rapids
Phone: 319-286-5762

o

I just gave em a buzz. They don't sell any of their plants, ever. But they are open weekdays 7 till 3, easter weekend, and mother's day if anyone wants to go an look around.

o

Maybe it's a farmers market that is there.. Beats me. I usually don't go to that one, I hit the roundhouse down in Czech Village.....

Diann
IA Z5qa

o

They do have farmer's markets there.

I grew up less then a mile away from there (Not sure that's an accurate statement since it applies that I am already grown up). Used to check out the public garden area on walks with my mom regularly. Never been in the greenhouse though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here