Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Bacarra rose

Posted by Maggie4 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 05 at 11:37

Have a dear friend that is looking for this (new?) rose. He would like a bare root. I have checked ebay and several rose sites on GW and Internet.

Have any of you heard of this rose. I would love to send it to him.

Any info would be help full. The Baccara or Bacarra has differnt spellings so check it out. It is a beautiful rose.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Bacarra rose

Hope this works! Yup! It should.

Doug

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Baccara

o

I have a miniature Black Jade that does well for our area. I have not tried this one. Looks nice.

Star Roses may have one at your local store. I would avoid Growquest.

Hortico has it

http://www.hortico.com/roses/products.asp?Action=gp&pg=3

They say zone 7 so winter protection may be needed.

You might post this on the rose forum pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carlton has it-never tried them

o

Maggie,

I'm looking for this Rose also, and having trouble finding it. I got one last year from Fork & Spade, but they seem to have closed their doors. I haven't been able to find it online this year other than from Growquest and Carlton's. I've heard enough horror stories about Growquest that I'm not going to take any chances with them. Carlton's is a great company, but they graft their roses onto Manetti rootstock, which needs a warmer climate. I've never been able to get a Carlton's rose to survive an Iowa winter.

I'll be keeping an eye out at the nurseries and garden centers here in Des Moines. I'll post back if I happen to find one that's carrying this rose.

Iowa Jade: I wasn't able to find it at Hortico. Are you sure you weren't referring to "Baccara"? It's an entirely different variety than "Black Baccara".

o

corey_bv's you are correct - totaly different rose.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here