Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javern

As Mr. Rogers would say...

javern
19 years ago

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,

A little windy but....so nice. Cleaned out the wren houses, cleaned up the patio, fixed some low voltage lights that were not working. Washed the car, took a look around the garden to see what was peeking up. I so want to get the fountains out and running but...I hear cold is on its way back to Iowa this coming week :(

Comments (6)

• diannp
    19 years ago

It is, it was, a beautiful day. It's 8:31 and it's still 58 degrees out. :)

Diann
    IA Z5a

• sosusie
    19 years ago

Gorgeous day here too. Thermometer in the truck at one point registered 73º We went to a wonderful outing in Osky on how to tap maple trees and make syrup. Then drove on to Pella and walked the paths for over an hour at Red Rock. Life is good :)
    SOS

• soobee
    19 years ago

***We went to a wonderful outing in Osky on how to tap maple trees and make syrup. Then drove on to Pella and walked the paths for over an hour at Red Rock. Life is good :)***

Hi, there! From your description it sounds like you live near where *we* for ten years: We lived on a farm about 4 miles east of Bussy, and so often included Pella and Oskaloosa in our "weekly rounds."

I certainly miss that black soil and those (slightly) milder temps and weather!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• trudy_gw
    19 years ago

If you two were walking the paths by Red Rock, you may have been very close to our house. We live across the highway from the marina, in Dutchman's Landing East. If you are in the area again, let us know and we could meet. The bike paths are fun to walk, and they are working on making them longer.
    Did you see the Bald Eagles?
    A great place to see them, is just over by our house in a cove across the highway from the marina, you can park on a gravel road and watch them soaring for fish. They are a beautiful site. Lots of people were taking photos yesterday.

• sosusie
    19 years ago

Trudy I was thinking of you when we were there, remembering you lived close to the lake! Pella is such a beautiful area. Yes, hubby spotted a bald eagle. Wish we had taken binoculars. We hope to camp at the lake this summer. Will let you know.

SooBee, I know where Bussey is. Many years ago we had relatives there. We live out in the boonies west of Ottumwa. We get to Osky frequently. The Mahaska extension office has monthly gardening meetings, and most of them interest us. Makes a nice night out.

• sanfan
    19 years ago

I'm in the Waterloo area. We saw at least a dozen Bald Eagles in the trees along the river the other day. I've never seen anything like it. I've seen alot along the Mississippi, but not like this. We only seen a few here and there before this.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville