Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I see green

Posted by gardening_grandma z5 IL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 04 at 21:31

In my wintersowing containers. I have bachelor buttons and poppys up. any body else ? Thanks Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I see green

Me too, except mine are white and purple delphiniums, blue and white salvia which are from seed I saved from last year's garden, and just this morning, I see a hint of green in the pansy pan.

But look outside! I see crocus and snowdrops in bloom. The centers of the hollyhocks are showing new leaves, there are little green tips on chives, and even the grass looks revived after yesterday's rain.

o

yep,

some of my daylillies and iris are showing...lots of daffodils poking through and some tulips. lawn does look greener too.

o

My purple wave petunias have just begun germinating. Thank goodness, those seeds were pricey. We just seeded several more peat pellets last week, and hope to see some action pretty soon. I never thought of winter starting poppies...might have to try that next year.

o

Tuesday, March 16

Waa-a-a! I see white - and it's everywhere!!

14" and still snowing.

o

I have alyssum and snow in the summer sprouting, and I have some cupid's darts sprouting too. I also have some other stuff, but was in to much of a hurry today to see what it was. :) Other stuff will come with a bit warmer weather and it looks like we'll be getting that this weekend. :)

Diann

o

my wintersowed poppies are here! anybody know when to plant them in the ground?

o

I just started my wave petunias...hopefully they will germinate quick...

I have over 200 lavender plants about 3 inches tall under my grow lamp.

Wave's are suppose to germinate in 7-14 days if I remember correctly...never tried these from seed, and yes they were 3 bucks for a dozen seeds...Still substantially cheaper...

Can't wait to load up on lavender and completely fill up my conifer/rhododendron garden.

Blacklab

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here