Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesliel_gw

the spring swap

LeslieL
17 years ago

okay, bad news guys, I am not going to be able to do it this year. I have a wedding to do the flowers for that day, and am also working, so the even worse news is that I won't be able to attend either :(. But I am hoping that one of you old faithfuls will step up and offer to host and we can keep the tradition going strong, anyone? anyone? I will still be able to get together the night before.....SO SORRY....

Leslie

Comments (14)

• Maude_IA
    17 years ago

I will be happy to host the swap if people are willing to come to Washington.

What do you say, guys?

Mary

• koszta_kid
    17 years ago

Sounds fine with me. I have so many plant to divide. Couldn't come last year fall. Missed all the fun.

• quaskygirl
    17 years ago

I've never been to a swap before, but would love to come, if you're accepting "newbies" (live just south of Washington). I should have a few things to bring , but probably not a whole lot. Would like to come just to see what it is and meet some of you guys, more than anything. Sounds like a lot of fun!:)

• iowgardenangel
    17 years ago

hey maude thatd be fun i love goin new places. id come. when will you have it? quasky we love new people... Dess

• Jay_In_Missouri
    17 years ago

Sorry you won't be able to host the swap, but understand you've got a full plate that day. Maude, would love to come, but will depend on the date. I have a lot of named daylilies, White and Red Texas Star Hibiscus, and a lot of named iris I can bring, among other things. Will anxiously be waiting for your reply. And Connie, look forward to seeing you. Thanks for the 'heads up'.......Jay

• oldpeony
    17 years ago

Maude: I would love to come to Washington for the swap. That's closer for me. What would the date be????? Ruth

• koszta_kid
    17 years ago

I lost Stan's email address was going to drop Him a line. Trying to find some cup and saucer seeds to start. He allways liked them.

• iris321
    17 years ago

Hi,I was unable to log in here before with my WebTV. Got a new 'puter,just have to learn to use it!Koskia,Email me & I'll give you Stan's addy. I got an E mail from him .I have a Cathedral Bells started for him.
    Mary,we will love to come to your place. Like to see your garden.Anyone thinking of a date ? Any date but May 5 works for us.I think.
    Don't blame Leslie for opting out this year.She has more irons in the fire than most of us old fogies LOL Doris

• Maude_IA
    17 years ago

All right then - I will post on the Exchanges page where this belongs, and we can get out and get digging.

Gardeners, mark your calendars!

• akishiku
    17 years ago

Is there anyone here from the Sioux City area? Would like to find out if we have a plant swap here. I'm sure we do just want to find who and where. Thank you

• oldpeony
    17 years ago

Anyone have any wants for the swap?

• Maude_IA
    17 years ago

I want YOU! and HER! and HER! and HIM! and THEM! Come on, peoples!

Kidding (sorta) - I've posted the swap on the Exchanges page, so anyone with wants/wishes or things to share can post them there when you figure it out.

I've already had positive response from two new people.

We have a big front porch, so if it rains, we'll just cozy up and swap there. Otherwise, it will be in the side yard under the big maple tree.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Side Yard

• emilyg
    17 years ago

Might be a bit far for me....

• blue_velvet_elvis
    17 years ago

I go to Washington on a regular basis. I'd love to come!