Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Tale of a 36in Trellis and a 30in Door

Posted by iowa50126 z5IA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 08 at 15:09

Well, it's been a cool wet week in Iowa and possibly you could use a little story to give you a grin...

Here's one that happened to me this week.

I spent some time this winter building some new wooden trellises in my basement work shop. One of them was a pyramid shaped trellis that was six foot tall and had a base that was 3 foot square. I made it from some old pine boards I had left over from other projects.

Today, I decided to move the trellis out to my garage for a coat of paint. As I stood in the basement holding the trellis and looked up at the back door...I had one of those "OH-S***" senior moments.

I suddenly found that I was just like the guy who builds the boat in his basement during the winter and has to saw it in half to get it out in the Spring! (smile)

Here's the math problem...my back door at the top of my basement steps is only 30 inches wide and my 6 foot tall trellis is 36 inches wide.(square)

Well...just like Murphy's Law..."There's never enough time to do things right, but always plenty of time to do things over" ...

I only had to take the trellis about 25% apart to wiggle it through my back door.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Tale of a 36in Trellis and a 30in Door

I would do something like that.Got one piece fiber-glass tub once. Had to take it back and three piece wouldn't fit through door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here