Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nurseries in the Dubuque area?

Posted by LeslieL z5a IA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 04 at 22:11

Any recommendations? My DH and I will be in Dubuque over the weekend and I would love to hit some nurseries.
Thanks,
Leslie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nurseries in the Dubuque area?

Leslie, Hmmmm, well it's not IN Dubuque, but it's kinda on the way to Dubuque if you're going up Hwy 151. It's called Limestone Gardens and it's outside Monticello a couple miles going North on Hwy 38. Here's the address:

LIMESTONE STUDIO AND GARDENS

Don & Janell Peters 319.465.3337
Spring Plant Sale at Limestone Studios and Gardens. Hours Saturday and Sunday 10 to 6 pm Tueday thru Friday 1-6 pm closed Mondays. 15457 Jones Delaware Rd Monticello, IA 52310-7886

She has some stuff that other places don't have, nothing incredibly special, but the best thing is to look at her gardens. These are really nicely designed gardens. Her and her husband have built terraced gardens on the sloping lawn in front of their house. She has also made good use of shrubs and trees and doesn't rely on perennials alone. If not this trip maybe the next time you and Debbie E. go off nursery hunting. :)

Diann
IA Z5a

o

Diann-
For sure!! Next time we take a road trip we'll bring you. Maybe you will know enough to make sure that Willow Glen is open before you drive all the way to Decorah!!!!!
What a hoot!
Thanks for the tip on Limestone Gardens, I will check it out and report back.
Leslie

o

You will need an appointment with Doc Kaufmann owner of River Ridge Nursery (http://www.ridgeroadplants.com/
Located south of Dubuque several miles near St. Catherine's(South on hyway 52 towards Bellevue). He is a master with japanese maples and has many hard to find plants. His place sits on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi.
Enjoy!

o

Jimbob, I may just have to go to this nursery!! It's good to go to someone that actually raises the plants in the area that you live so you can see how they grow. Thank you for providing that link!

Leslie, think we can talk Deb into a road trip? :)

dp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here