Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_sun

Fill in space--which evergreen?

glenn_sun
16 years ago

hello gardeners---we have 12 red cedars in east west orientation--about 130 feet across the line---years ago a herbacide was sprayed under the trees, the lower brances took 2-5 years to finally die and the neddles all fell off these branches about 4 foot up from ground-i finally got permission to cut them out--now there is a space where these cedar boughs used to cover--now a busy gravel road is visible, and an untidy set of neighbors--my Mom wants that space "filled"--there is pasture behind the line of cedars,with a sunny souther exposure---so we can block the created space from behind--my Mom is 83 years old, very spry, but whatever We put in should something that grows fast. we cannot afford pro tree co. and tree spade, but i can dig & prep however many good holes needed with nice loam and old barn soils-along with whatever soil conditioner will help kick start these new trees/shrubs.

---the area to be planted is wide-100 yards wide, and slopes downhill from sight of the house, so whatever tree/shrub we plant only nees to achieve 3-5 foot of growth height to block out the view of the created space under the cedar trees--(being redundant hopefully to maintain clarity)

thank you and have a great season

Comment (1)

Sponsored