Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbrb1

Purchasing New Shrubs

dbrb1
19 years ago

I've had three Nikko Blues that the Nursery talked me into that haven't bloomed since the original blooms. After reading about them in here, I'm convinced that they will probably never bloom in this zone. The nursery has indicated they will replace them with somethingelse at half price. Now I'm wondering what to plant in their place. This is the front of my house, all along the picture window and front steps. It is also the west side, but stays pretty much shaded until late afernoon when it gets pretty hot.

I have 4 ivory jade euonymus planted to the front of this bed with the 3 Nikko Blue behind them. At the end of the bed and corner of the house is a red twig dogwood, oak leaf hydrangea and a small wine and rose wegelia at the corner and then at the west side near the corner is a korean spice viburnium. I was hoping for a blooming plant and also something fairy bushy that can be kept from growing to tall for the window. I was thinking maybe something viburnium. I'd be grateful for any advice for something that will work well.

Thanks,

Don

Sponsored