Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brrr! Is it Spring Yet?

Posted by iowa50126 z5IA (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 17:40

Well, it's 12 May 2006 and it's only 44F here in Iowa Falls. It's rained all day and the weather forecast is for "more of the same". It feels like March outside.

My bags of mulch are stacked by the garage and my flats annuals are IN the garage...and I'm stuck in the house. I'd like to spend the weekend playing in the dirt...

Oh well, complaining about the weather in Iowa is a long standing tradition...and I now feel a whole lot better now that I've vented my frustrations over the nasty weather.

Pete in IF ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brrr! Is it Spring Yet?

Hi Pete ~

I am in Eldora, and I WANT TO PLAY IN THE DIRT!!!! We are forecasted for 6 more days of this! What hapened to those warm days in April? I think May and April got themselves confused with each other. Sure wish Ol' Man Rain would take his nap, LoL.

Hey, might you be interested in a local trade sometime? It sure would be nice to meet a local gardener :-).

Are you going to the Moris swap next month? This will be my 2nd year. I am looking so forward to it. Hope it quits raining long enough for me to get the plants dug and potted!

Wishing upon you sunny skies neighbor,
Tina in Eldora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here