Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
damrn01

Let's Get This Forum Underway!!

damrn01
19 years ago

I've been monitoring this forum for a while now. We are pretty slow here. Need some action, I have alot of things to do today; but will be posting some pics. So everybody get the digital out and let's see some Iowa yards.

See ya soon!

Debbie

Comments (18)

• GeeGee_
    19 years ago

I will post some pictures as soon as I get new batteries in my camera. I am still waiting for some of my flowers to bloom but will post what I do have.

• damrn01
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Great we need some action here -tell alot of my friends and co-workers about garden web and they think Iowa is boring so let's fix that. We'll be waiting.
    debbie

• Baumer
    19 years ago

I would buy new camera. But dumber then a post on my CP-don't know how to post them.But I agree very slow here. Guess everyone busy in the garden.But I stop in before work.

• LeslieL
    19 years ago

I am going to try to post a pic of some plants on my front porch. we'll see how this goes....
    front porch flowers in early June

• damrn01
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Go to garden junk and look at annsb post on how to post pics . very right to the point with great instructions. I want to see your flowers leslie I;ll be posting Monday-I work every weekend and have to snap some photos

• Iowagal
    19 years ago

My camera was hooked up to my computer uploading during one of the many storms and the chip got wiped out when we lost power. Sure wish I could take some pics today, I just started rearranging a bunch of stuff. Did some gardening in northern MN last week for a relative and sure am glad to live in Iowa! I jumped up and down on a tiling spade like a pogo stick and couldn't get through the ground up there, and I have no idea how the plants put roots out when there's no dirt in their dirt. I have a whole new appreciation for Iowa gardening - all we have to do is put something in the ground and it will grow!

• hawki
    19 years ago

O.K., I'll try this:this is our 300 lb. garden angel(hence the name), which sits underneath a cedar tree in the center of the garden. She looks down a long path between two perennial beds.The garden itself is an acre of woodland, fenced in to keep the deer at bay, and overlooking a 4 acre pond. I grow mostly shade perennials, but do have some slightly floppy sun perennials, like daylilies.
    Don

Here is a link that might be useful:

• hawki
    19 years ago

Cool, it works! Here's a picture of a clump of Cypripediun acaule. I got the original plant almost twenty years ago, from a friend who was a passionate gardener. He developed prostate cancer, and as it became terminal, he offered me my choice of a plant from his garden, and I chose this Cypripedium, which over the years has been moved through three gardens, and divided a number of times.
    Don

• damrn01
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Way to cool--where do you live? Cuz' I need your angel (LOL)
    thanks for sharing I need to get outside, yet I'm set up to paint today. Oh, what to do.

• hawki
    19 years ago

If your going to take Hernia, bring some big friends; you'll be moving 300 lb. of top-heavy concrete up a muddy hill! She's named Hernia for a reason. Here's her friend, UBOUGHTWHAT, cause that's what my wife said when she found out what I'd bought.

Here is a link that might be useful: UBOUGHTWHAT

• hawki
    19 years ago

For some reason the first link doesn't work

• Irene563
    19 years ago

HI, I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF OUR YARD, IT IS REALLY NICE. BUT I DO NOT HAVE A CAMERA. I REALLY ENJOY READING AND LOOKING AT THE PICTURES OTHERS OF SENT. THIS IS A VERY NICE SITE.

• Portiemom
    19 years ago

hawki, your wife has a point! I'd hate to wander through your woods at night and see that!

• monarae_gw
    19 years ago

OOohhh!!!! I love gargoyles!! Have many in my shade gardens! Not anything like this one though.

Gonna try and get a new computer soon, maybe then I will learn to post pics!

The flowers are certainly putting on a show right now. All this rain and now some sun finally. The weeds are just as big though. Too many skeeters out there!!!!

MonaRae

• macranthos
    18 years ago

hawki, your plant is actually Cypripedium parviflorum var pubescens (or called Cyp pubescens for short). It looks very happy :-)

Best,
    Ross

• hawki
    18 years ago

Ross, You're right... I can type faster than I can think.
    Don

• marilou
    18 years ago

Oo, oo, oo! Show and tell time! I love it!!!

Yes, please post your pictures! I love Don's statues, which are so aptly named!

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

I haven't been here much lately, maybe because it does move somewhat slow.
    If anyone thinks Iowa is boring, here are a few pictures that I took at the Iowa State Fair and Reiman Gardens at Iowa State U this past weekend.
    I have garden pictures galore if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iowa gardens

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm