Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I missed the swap :(

Posted by l84tea IA Zn5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 12:54

My 5 yr old and I were in a really bad car wreck on Memorial day. Some 18 yr old with a restricted license decided to floor it and pass 3 cars in a no passing zone going about 70 in a 25 mph area, while we were turning left. Tboned my car and knocked me out instantly. It has taken me weeks to get my bearings in my brain back. I feel like I am in a deep haze. My 5 yr old is fine, thank God! She was in her leg braces, she had surgery in March...so I was so concerned the accident may of caused her problems. But it didn't...whew!
Here is a pic of my poor car... I was so blessed, the ppl in the car behind me, the husband was an EMT.
They used the jaws of life to get me out. I don't remember any of it. (thats probably a good thing)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I missed the swap :(

This looks scary!! but I guess you have a good excuse for missing the swap. Just don't try this one again, OK?!?

We are swapping again in August at Dessa's, so check the Exchanges link to find the date, etc. I hope you can be there - it's a really neat experience.

o

YOU WERE SO LUCKY! I hope the young man got charged? Where did this happen? If you are close, I'd be happy to bring you some plants,if you are up to planting.
Take it easy, sorry I missed meeting you, but delighted I'll be able to meet you at the next swap.
Jo

o

It happened in Solon...right infront of the high school.
yeah... he was charged...barely, 30 dollar fine for unlawful passing. He also had a school restricted license (remember it was memorial day) his passengers dad was a trooper on scene... so they didn't have to drug or alcohol test.
I am doing better... but I am still nervous about driving..and I had no idea it took this long to recover from whip lash!
Thanks for the offer on the plants, but I am thinking about hanging up the gardening gloves for awhile and just keep alive what I currently have! lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here