Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elphinstone_gw

Many Questions about new garden troubles

elphinstone
16 years ago

Good Day to All,

Even though I have been gardening for years, and have the bad knees to prove it, I have recently found some new garden problems I've never seen before. I sure would appreciate some help. I have a 15 foot black gum tree, that I brought home as a seedling, never thought it would live here, but it has. It is now "in the wrong place" what are my chances of moving it? Or should I just cut it down? I was given a lovely magnolia tree last year about 5 feet tall, our 2nd ice storm in March killed it or so I thought. Last week two small leaves appeared near the bottom of the trunk, what should I do now? Cut the entire tree back to the new shoots or let it go? I tried cutting a dogwood back one time when the tip froze off and nearly killed it. Suggestions? I have 14 healthy and beautiful clematis growing on my back fence. I have one lone clematic growing on an old gate. The 14 are surrounded by bishop's weed, the lonely one I simply mulched around, it grows just fine, sets on buds and maybe a couple of them bloom and then everything wilts, dries up, and dies. The lonely one is about 5 years old and this is the first time I have ever had any trouble with it. I have checked the soil for moisture, seems to be fine, I rarely if ever need to fertilize, I have really good soil, so what is going on with this one plant?

Thanks for reading this really long message but I would be really happy if someone knows how to fix my problems.

Jo

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations