Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellydn03

An Iris opportunity for Iowa gardeners

kellydn03
15 years ago

Greetings Iowa Gardeners!

I wanted to share with you an opportunity coming up next month that might be of interest. I'm chairing the American Iris Society Region 21 Fall Meeting in Ames, IA on August 8 and 9. One of the items up for discussion is the formation of an Iowa iris club, an official affiliate of the American Iris Society. Whether you're an AIS member or not, we'd love to have your input and perhaps your commitment to seeing a new organization off to a good start.

Not into meetings? Well this is more than just a meeting. We will start the weekend off at Reiman Gardens with a catered dinner and guest speaker Kathleen Ziemer, our friend and co-owner of Butterfliz of Iowa. She'll be giving an as always spirited talk on butterflies and butterfly gardening. Saturday is packed with all sorts of fun as Dave Niswonger, spuria breeder and iris expert, will be joining us to give lectures on spurias and an overview of the diversity of the genus Iris. The day will conclude with an auction of recent iris introductions and a delicious banquet from Bubba's BBQ. Oh and did I mention that a public iris sale will be taking place all day in the hotel lobby?

Want to learn more? Email me at kellydn@frontiernet.net and I'll forward the registration information to you. The whole event is just $50 if you register by July 18. Come join your fellow irisarians for a weekend of fun and fellowship in Ames!

Hopeo to see you there!

--Kelly D. Norris

www.kellydnorris.com

www.rainbowfarms.net

Sponsored