Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain? ...You Gettin' Any?

Posted by iowa50126 z5IA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 12, 06 at 15:45

I had almost 4 inches of rain in my Brookstone rain guage here in Iowa Falls Tuesday.

Nearby, in beautiful downtown Popejoy, IA they received almost 7+ inches of rain Tuesday.

That's the good news...the bad news is the grass now will need mowing and I need gas for the mower, but I think I've already max-ed out my gasoline credit cards just trying to keep my car in fuel ...(sigh)

Pete in IF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain? ...You Gettin' Any?

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 12:09

Went to the Opera in Indianola Thursday....drove through torrents, there was hail and 2 big downpours, easy 2 inches, but 40 miles away where I live only 1/2 an inch.
We need rain for the corn!!
Linda C

o

july 17, 6:51. i just signed on to tell you it's very, very dark in ottumwa and looking like rain......too late.....IT'S RAINING!!!! sure hope it's here for the duration!

aa

o

i spoke too soon! by the time i hit send on my message, it had quit! we didn't get 50 drops. darn it.

o

Sigh...it is really dry here. Not much measurable since early May. Maybe a couple showers amounting to .20 each time. Yard is brown.

o

I had another 7/10th's of rain in the old Iowa Falls rain guage by lunch time today. We also had some pea size hail...it bruised my pots of impatiens a little ... but my tassleing indian corn seemed undamaged.

Well, it may get hot later today...but I wouldn't have to water anything until tomorrow.

Pete in IF

o

Here in Ames, we've gotten mostly false alarms. It clouds over, rain falls out of the sky for 30 seconds, but nothing lands in the gauge or rainbarrels. We *really* need rain!

Rain dance, anyone?

o

I'm doing the rain dance in NW Iowa.

o

There was another 1.10 inches of H20 in my rain guage this morning. It rumbled and rained all night here in Iowa Falls.

We have had over 6 inches of rain this month.

Pete in I.F.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here