Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowajewel

Was just told about this forum.........from NW Iowa

iowajewel
19 years ago

Have mostly lurked on the Garden Junk one, but was told over there to introduce myself here.

I am new to the board and in Sioux City.

Anyone close?

Would love to join all of you....even if I am only a flower gardener.

Julie

Comments (27)

• Iowagal
    19 years ago

Hello from the Mason City/Clear Lake area. Welcome!

• amar
    19 years ago

Hello and welome from Davenport which is not too close to you. This forum is addictive and in a short time many people have helped me get many great varieties. People are very friendly here. You will probably find all of the flowers you like and a lot more. Good Luck.
    Amar Patel

• damrn01
    19 years ago

welcome julie;
    i too love garden junk =but it's warm in here too. I am south of williamsburg, not to close.
    debbie

• Baumer
    19 years ago

Glad to have you aboard. I'm also from Iowa county west of Marengo. But grew up in NW Iowa Holstein and Storm Lake.

• Mama_Mc
    19 years ago

Hey Julie!

Glad you found us over here! If I find others interested in a swap, I'll post a message over here.

Denise

• mellen
    19 years ago

Welcome Julie, I joined GW this past May and have found many very nice people. They are helpful when you need advice and you can find any seed or plant you could ever think of wanting. I'm from central Iowa, a little town close to Eldora. No, we are NOT bothered by the Training School boys. LOL. People always ask that. Grew up in Bancroft in NC IA, though. Glad to have you here. Mellen

• monarae_gw
    19 years ago

Hello from Wesley! Not far from MasonCity/ClearLake! Infact, I work in Garner. Hi Iowagal! Almost neighbors! hehe!
    Welcome Iowajewel!

MonaRae

• Iowagal
    19 years ago

Hey! I'm not all alone way up here after all!

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Greetings from Henderson--way south
    Glad to see you here--its great-you'll love it!!
    Jeanette

• iowa50126
    19 years ago

Hello and welcome from Iowa Falls, just east on US 20 as it crosses the Iowa River.

• lilycrazy
    19 years ago

I'm right smack in the middle- Des Moines............... nice to "see" some new faces !!

• jeviolet
    19 years ago

I am from Madrid about 20-25 miles north of Des Moines. This forum is great. I have enjoyed it so much the past couple of weeks since finding it. Thank you!

• sunflower_ia
    19 years ago

Hi, I'm from Southeast Iowa, Ottumwa. I love the forum. I've been going to the annual forum for about 6 years now and it is addicting. Found the Iowa one this summer and love it too!

• michelle_zone4
    19 years ago

Hello from Ocheyedan about 85 miles north of you.

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Hi, I'm from Sheldon, not far from Sioux City or Ocheydan! I usually hang out over at the hosta forum

• femilr
    19 years ago

Just found this forum myself. I'm just southeast of Sioux City (Anthon)and I love swapping and trading for anything new and different.

• midwestvintage
    19 years ago

Hi Julie, I'm Julia from Sioux City also. I have been mostly in lawns because my is new since last year and tomatoes. Thanks to the boards I got some of the best tasting tomatoes this year that I planted in containers. Yummy. So sad the season is almost over. Welcome aboard.

• sundae
    19 years ago

Hi Julie and all, I too am new to this forum, like farm life and gourds too. Don't post much but always like to read. I'm up in the Cherokee area, Cleghorn actually so were close. I had my first descent garden this year!!!! ya-hoooooooo

S.

• ginni77
    19 years ago

I'm new to the Iowa Forum, too! I don't live in Iowa, but was born in Sioux City, raised at Ames (my first 5 yrs while dad went to college) and then we moved to the Illinois Quad Cities. I still live here, but we go to Okoboji every year to our family cabin, so my heart is in Iowa. I just discovered this forum too, I've been a member of GardenWeb for a couple years now and usually frequent the Rose, Lily and Daylily Forums. So Julie we can be Iowa forum newbies together!

Ginni

• Maxine_51334
    19 years ago

Hello from Estherville

• buttercupia
    19 years ago

Hello from Northeastern Iowa. Goldenrod is in full bloom. What, if any type of aster is native to Iowa?

• jeanettegifford
    19 years ago

hello from titonka. i think there are some called purple aster, praire aster forked aster, i just searched on asters and found there are many.

• lindakay
    14 years ago

Hi
    I'm from southeast Iowa. Selma. I have been on the forums for years. I like the orchid forum also. Love them all.
    Linda

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    I'm a recent Iowa transplant from Michigan. I'm in Waterloo.
    -Amanda

• alanis
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone! I live about 30 miles from Dyersville, Home of Field of Dreams!!

Anyone else live in Clayton County?

• sophie12
    13 years ago

evening Julie Sioux City also here.......welcome to town!

• tennis_t
    13 years ago

Okoboji IA here! Is it ever going to quit raining?

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures