Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Was just told about this forum.........from NW Iowa

Posted by Iowajewel z4iowa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 04 at 23:19

Have mostly lurked on the Garden Junk one, but was told over there to introduce myself here.

I am new to the board and in Sioux City.
Anyone close?
Would love to join all of you....even if I am only a flower gardener.

Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Was just told about this forum.........from NW Iowa

Hello from the Mason City/Clear Lake area. Welcome!

o

• Posted by amar z5 IA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 28, 04 at 3:59

Hello and welome from Davenport which is not too close to you. This forum is addictive and in a short time many people have helped me get many great varieties. People are very friendly here. You will probably find all of the flowers you like and a lot more. Good Luck.
Amar Patel

o

welcome julie;
i too love garden junk =but it's warm in here too. I am south of williamsburg, not to close.
debbie

o

Glad to have you aboard. I'm also from Iowa county west of Marengo. But grew up in NW Iowa Holstein and Storm Lake.

o

Hey Julie!

Glad you found us over here! If I find others interested in a swap, I'll post a message over here.

Denise

o

• Posted by Mellen 5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 29, 04 at 10:14

Welcome Julie, I joined GW this past May and have found many very nice people. They are helpful when you need advice and you can find any seed or plant you could ever think of wanting. I'm from central Iowa, a little town close to Eldora. No, we are NOT bothered by the Training School boys. LOL. People always ask that. Grew up in Bancroft in NC IA, though. Glad to have you here. Mellen

o

Hello from Wesley! Not far from MasonCity/ClearLake! Infact, I work in Garner. Hi Iowagal! Almost neighbors! hehe!
Welcome Iowajewel!

MonaRae

o

Hey! I'm not all alone way up here after all!

o

Greetings from Henderson--way south
Glad to see you here--its great-you'll love it!!
Jeanette

o

Hello and welcome from Iowa Falls, just east on US 20 as it crosses the Iowa River.

o

I'm right smack in the middle- Des Moines............... nice to "see" some new faces !!

o

I am from Madrid about 20-25 miles north of Des Moines. This forum is great. I have enjoyed it so much the past couple of weeks since finding it. Thank you!

o

Hi, I'm from Southeast Iowa, Ottumwa. I love the forum. I've been going to the annual forum for about 6 years now and it is addicting. Found the Iowa one this summer and love it too!

o

Hello from Ocheyedan about 85 miles north of you.

o

Hi, I'm from Sheldon, not far from Sioux City or Ocheydan! I usually hang out over at the hosta forum

o

Just found this forum myself. I'm just southeast of Sioux City (Anthon)and I love swapping and trading for anything new and different.

o

Hi Julie, I'm Julia from Sioux City also. I have been mostly in lawns because my is new since last year and tomatoes. Thanks to the boards I got some of the best tasting tomatoes this year that I planted in containers. Yummy. So sad the season is almost over. Welcome aboard.

o

Hi Julie and all, I too am new to this forum, like farm life and gourds too. Don't post much but always like to read. I'm up in the Cherokee area, Cleghorn actually so were close. I had my first descent garden this year!!!! ya-hoooooooo

S.

o

I'm new to the Iowa Forum, too! I don't live in Iowa, but was born in Sioux City, raised at Ames (my first 5 yrs while dad went to college) and then we moved to the Illinois Quad Cities. I still live here, but we go to Okoboji every year to our family cabin, so my heart is in Iowa. I just discovered this forum too, I've been a member of GardenWeb for a couple years now and usually frequent the Rose, Lily and Daylily Forums. So Julie we can be Iowa forum newbies together!

Ginni

o

Hello from Estherville

o

Hello from Northeastern Iowa. Goldenrod is in full bloom. What, if any type of aster is native to Iowa?

o

hello from titonka. i think there are some called purple aster, praire aster forked aster, i just searched on asters and found there are many.

o

Hi
I'm from southeast Iowa. Selma. I have been on the forums for years. I like the orchid forum also. Love them all.
Linda

o

Hi all!
I'm a recent Iowa transplant from Michigan. I'm in Waterloo.
-Amanda

o

Hi Everyone! I live about 30 miles from Dyersville, Home of Field of Dreams!!

Anyone else live in Clayton County?

o

evening Julie Sioux City also here.......welcome to town!

o

Okoboji IA here! Is it ever going to quit raining?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here