Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesliel_gw

rain!!!!!!

LeslieL
18 years ago

Woo Hoo! We got rain! two inches in the rain gauge already! thank goodness......

Comments (8)

• iris321
    18 years ago

Gee,what are we,10 miles south ?,& we only got a half inch! Well,at least I won't have to water today!
    Doris

• iowa50126
    18 years ago

I had about 3/4 of an inch in my rain guage here in Iowa Falls. We got another 1/10 mid afternoon.

Expect the next heavy rain Saturday...as I'm going to the State Fair to eat pork chops on a stick and hopefully get a free egg on a stick. And I usually pick the one rainy day to be there.

Pete in Iowa Falls

• marilou
    18 years ago

Oh dear. You guys are gonna be unhappy with me.

I've just gone and jinxed our chances for more rain by going out in a deluge and clearing clogged downspouts. Of course, as soon as I got off the ladder, the rain stopped.

Now that the gutters are clear, well, you know how *that* seems to work....

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Doris! I can't believe it, only half an inch? I'm so sorry. We're topping 2 1/2 right now. I drove by Pete and Donna's house when he was out checking the rain gauge and he was ahead of me by half an inch. We are having thunder and lightening right now, I'm willing it your way!

• iris321
    18 years ago

Happy to report we finally have gotten about 1.5 ins. since it started yesterday AM.Again,the really bad stuff like hail,missed us! One old hollow tree & lots of branches blew down.According to our scanner, West Branch had lots of downed tres & power lines.Doris

• uicricket
    18 years ago

Holy Buckets! Iris - did that storm miss you last night? Springdale got POUNDED! Never even saw a storm warning for Cedar County. Of course, it might have been issued after we lost power. A tree came down on a house across the street. Pinned their LP tank between the trunk and the house at a 45 degree angle. We helped them turn off the tank and gas in the house and told them to call New Horizons right away to make sure the tank isn't leaking. Also told them to stay the lleh away from and off of the porch because things were still creaking.

Watched a truck that was going way too fast hit a downed tree limb. Slowed him down to zero in a big hurry - guess he didn't notice all of the downed branches and leaves all over the road.

Just east of us they had baseball sized hail. Lots of corn down but couldn't tell how bad the other crops are hit. Most of my back garden is laying down and taking a nap this morning. I'll see what has the gumption to pop back up in the next couple of days and give the rest a hair cut.

Well, I wanted rain! Hope everyone else faired ok in the storm.

Cricket

• iris321
    18 years ago

Yes, that storm did miss us! It blew for about 2 minutes & we lost an old hollow tree,but it wasn't too bad.I always rely on the scanner for warnings,but we didn't hear any until after the storm had passed.I'm
    thankful it wasn't any worse because we were caught by surprise.Doris

• LeslieL
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow guys! I just heard about this last night, West Branch to Springdale to Tipton got pounded. Hope everyone is okay!