Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justputzinaround

Bee Balm & Joe Pye Weed

justputzinaround
18 years ago

Is it possible for me to move Bee Balm and Joe Pye Weed at this time of year, or do I have to wait until spring? Doing some massive rearranging in my garden.

Also, does anyone know if Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate seeds have to be put where they will undergo low temperatures in order to germinate in the spring?

Comments (2)

• whatcheer
    18 years ago

Bee Balm is pretty sturdy. I've moved it even durning it's blooming time and it survived. I'm not sure about the Joe Pye Weed. And Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate seeds do have to freeze. I don't know for how long. It will reseed it's self in the garden. I tried to start some from seed this winter and it didn't germinate. That's when I found out I needed to stick it in the freezer for a while. This winter I'm going to winter sow it in containers.

• creamgogo
    18 years ago

i kept my seeds of KMOGG in an envelope in the garage, and then wintersowed them. it worked great. but like whatcheer said it does reseed quite well but very easy to pull out. also, i guess i didn't realize how tall this baby got, so keep that in mind when they look so small and innocent as babies!!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?