Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bee Balm & Joe Pye Weed

Posted by JustPutzinAround z4IA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 13:09

Is it possible for me to move Bee Balm and Joe Pye Weed at this time of year, or do I have to wait until spring? Doing some massive rearranging in my garden.

Also, does anyone know if Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate seeds have to be put where they will undergo low temperatures in order to germinate in the spring?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bee Balm & Joe Pye Weed

Bee Balm is pretty sturdy. I've moved it even durning it's blooming time and it survived. I'm not sure about the Joe Pye Weed. And Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate seeds do have to freeze. I don't know for how long. It will reseed it's self in the garden. I tried to start some from seed this winter and it didn't germinate. That's when I found out I needed to stick it in the freezer for a while. This winter I'm going to winter sow it in containers.

o
RE: Bee Balm & Joe Pye Weed

i kept my seeds of KMOGG in an envelope in the garage, and then wintersowed them. it worked great. but like whatcheer said it does reseed quite well but very easy to pull out. also, i guess i didn't realize how tall this baby got, so keep that in mind when they look so small and innocent as babies!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here