Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylilies in SE Iowa

Posted by kristinski IL (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 19:54

Hi. (I'm actually from Illinois just across from Burlington and Ft. Madison.) I was wondering if there is a good source for daylilies in the SE Iowa area. Are daylilies from home farms better or cheaper than the ones from like Lowes? I'm specifically looking for Pardon Me, but I'm open to anything. Lowes has them for $7 but they don't even look good. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylilies in SE Iowa

Hi, Kristinski. I know only one farm, Walnut Hill Daylilies (or something like that). There are several more sources in Iowa, I'm not sure where. I've never bought from either of them (yet). Daylilies from farms certainly better than from Lowes. I would not buy from Lowes and the like anymore, but if you want, make sure you see them bloom otherwise you may end up with something else.

o
RE: Daylilies in SE Iowa

Try this. Fantastic plants. Hybridizes his own plants.
Hobbs Hilltop Garden, Gerald Hobbs, 2597 Hwy 2, Ft. Madison, IA 52627 (319) 372-4178 hobbshilltopgardens@msn.com
Paws

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here