Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowa50126

Iowa State Fair 2005

iowa50126
18 years ago

I made my annual visit to the Iowa State Fair today. What a perfect day to be at the fair...lots of sun and a nice cool breeze. I ate my required 10,000 calories of ice cream, "porkchops on a stick", lemonade and funnel cake. I passed on the free hard boiled eggs on a stick...the line was just too long. I've dropped 25 lbs this summer thru lots of walking and "starvation"...so I didn't feel bad about a little State Fair gluttony. Wow, those pork chops are good!

BTW I based on the crowd at about 2PM I think all of Iowa was at the fair today.

I arrived early enough to watch the WHO Radio broadcast of "Gardening Today" from the garden outside the Agriculture Building.

Mohamad Khan and Eileen Robb were just walking around with a cordless microphone and talking to people touring the garden. They had just one engineer who had a head set hooked up to a small radio...and that was all they needed to be on the air. I often listen to the show on Sunday mornings so it was fun to see them in person. .

The garden looked nice and was not muddy after yesterdays rain. I had remembered to bring a note pad and pen with me this year to take notes on some plants for next year. However, I managed to leave them in the car at the capitol and never thought about them until I was on the shuttle bus heading to the fair. :-)

I'd been looking for a Hound Dog Tool Co "Turf Hound" lawn areator. I found one at Home Depot in Ankeny for $17.97 on the way home.

Pete in Iowa Falls

Comments (2)